Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ways of slowing growth somewhat.  (Read 3178 times)

Offline psw231

• Members
Re: Ways of slowing growth somewhat.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 04:41:51 AM »
 dont you think that as you add new aircraft and automatically new staff your airlines image should take a bit of a hit as less experienced staff will not provde the same level of service, this may slow growth realistically

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
Re: Ways of slowing growth somewhat.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 09:11:24 AM »
No. Staff is trained before they start working for you. And remember this will have an impact on smaller airliners aswell, meaning their position get only worse,so getting the opposite effect of what you propose.

d2031k

• Former member
Re: Ways of slowing growth somewhat - Increased Maintenence
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »
After having the exhaust on my car changed, it occurred to me that increased maintenance and servicing could be a way of slowing growth at the start of the game.

Brand new cars (not like mine  :laugh:) - depending on the make or engine type - are often serviced more in the first year of their life.  Maybe this could be introduced in a smiliar way for aircraft in the game.

A D-check, for example, could be introduced after 1 or 2 years on new aircraft.  This would make a huge dent in a carriers early profits and it is usually the fastest growing airlines that have the new orders too.  This would also keep the used market lively for longer, as airlines may wish to avoid the early D-checks.

Thoughts?

Offline lastchancer

• Members
Re: Ways of slowing growth somewhat - Increased Maintenence
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »
.Brand new cars (not like mine  :laugh:) - depending on the make or engine type - are often serviced more in the first year of their life.  Maybe this could be introduced in a smiliar way for aircraft in the game.
What about randomly upcomming events like:
The aircraft maufacturer announces, that some problems with the landing gear /navigation computer/what ever else of the aircraft type where discovered. Due to this,
-all aircraft of this type has to be grouded for xx days.
or
has to be sent to a additional b or c check imediately.

(A bit more a feature request, maybe)
A D-check, for example, could be introduced after 1 or 2 years on new aircraft.  This would make a huge dent in a carriers early profits and it is usually the fastest growing airlines that have the new orders too.  This would also keep the used market lively for longer, as airlines may wish to avoid the early D-checks.
I īm not sure, but I think the software now uses the RL data for checks,so we should keep it like it is.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.