Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: USSR gameworld  (Read 804 times)

estair

• Former member
USSR gameworld
« on: November 26, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »
What about a USSR gameworld? Timeframe 70s to 1991. We could fly only in USSR territory and maybe also Europe and only with soviet aircrafts!? I think it would be hard, but interesting!
If it is not possible to make with USSR territory, then maybe Europe&Asia.

edobarto

• Former member
Re: USSR gameworld
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
Don't know how much could be interesting... As you remember, during these days the only company to fly in Russia was Aeroflot!;)

Online Dasha

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »
and there was no competition allowed...

Despite that I think it's a nice idea but the players should be limited as the demand in the USSR is/was too low.
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

tofen

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
I'd love a USSR game, Europe + Asia.
Might be a good idea to have the fuel prices a bit lover than standard though, since it was probably heavily subsidized to Aeroflot during that time (and to make it less impossible to make of profit of those guzzlers :P)

Offline lastchancer

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
I tried ecactly this scenario some game worlds ago: based in Moscow and only used russian a/c. Illushin 18 is a fantastic aircraft!

It was funny playing a bit "Aeroflot"... until the oil crisis came. You HAVE to bunkrupt due to fuel consumption of russian a/c.

But I agree with you, that special smaller scenarios might be interesting, e.g. with a very limited number of players.

You might be interested in an idea I posted some days ago.
My sugestion: Players may choose the option to cope with a task/fullfill a business plan.

See post here:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,16156.0.html

Offline Linx_UA

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 07:29:36 AM »
Actually, deamand in USSR was huge. Much bigger than now. Only between Kiev and Moscow was 10-15 flights per day. And they were full.

estair

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:49:38 AM »
Yes the demand was huge because people could not travel to the west...they all traveled in USSR for holidays :)

Online Dasha

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 12:51:27 PM »
Maybe but the domestic demand currently modelled in the game is far from reality. The major airports in Russia have big demand between them. Untill this is modelled in the game, a Russia/USSR scenario only would simple NOT be good since the demand is too low to fly one airline, let along multiple.

So yes this game would be nice but not with the current passenger demand model...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.