curiousity

Started by diskoerekto, November 17, 2009, 04:07:07 PM

diskoerekto

what are the longest ranged aircraft in the game database? I wonder which planes fly further than the Tu-114 Rossiya. I would love to see a top20 list kind of thing :).

Sami

My guess is 777LR. Actually you could very well ask what is longest range plane in reality, it applies here too...

diskoerekto

I tried googling around but not found a good list, mostly people asked each other (like me) and aircrafts not in service was not included in any.

EDIT: oh, the real reason is probably I wanted to socialize a bit :)

edobarto

Up today November 17th, 2009, the a/c produced with the longest ever range is the KC-10 operated by the United States Air Force, derived from the DC-10 even if it would be better to associate it with the so called MD-10 (an improved and "digitalized" DC-10, operated mostly by FedEx Aviation).
Anyway, if the KC-10 is the a/c with the longest range ever produced (note that almost every a/c in the USAF inventory can be refuelled in flight), the COMMERCIAL a/c with the longest range ever produced is the Boeing B-777LR.

cashacasha

freshmore

note there is a a350 variant i believed being offer to BA in particular that will be able to fly London to Sydney non-stop making that the longest commercial airline in existance. i forgotten the exact variant i know there is one though.

edobarto

Freshmore is right but I was talking about current a/c available on the market.
Anyway, a good question for Sami would be when the A350 and B787 will be available for purchase. "Rise of Modern Arlines" is planned to finish in 2020... Does Sami think he will know when those new airliners will be put in service? :)

Sami

Quote from: edobarto on November 19, 2009, 04:00:44 PM
Anyway, a good question for Sami would be when the A350 and B787 will be available for purchase.

According to when they were available in the reality too. (with +/- 1,5 years variation in each game world separately)

(and if asked about when they will be avlb at certain game world -- can't tell you that  ;))

RushmoreAir

Will you program in extensive delays on the dreamliner?

castelino009

Quote from: freshmore on November 18, 2009, 08:15:04 PM
note there is a a350 variant i believed being offer to BA in particular that will be able to fly London to Sydney non-stop making that the longest commercial airline in existance. i forgotten the exact variant i know there is one though.
A350-1000R

castelino009

Quote from: RushmoreAir on November 20, 2009, 03:50:21 AM
Will you program in extensive delays on the dreamliner?

its already done mate, hence its called "the Dreamliner", legos are better than that if the dream comes true never know how long the glue will stick on   ;D :laugh:

edobarto

Dreamlines is the most suitable name for the B787... It's only in airlines' CEOs dreams!:P