Yay! It's that time again.... the new game..

Started by Dasha, November 10, 2009, 09:06:54 AM

Dasha

ATB2, JA3, NAC are closing to an end...

*drums echo in the background*

Soooo mightiest of almight Finns,

when is the new game(s) going to start and what will it be?

A modern times 2?
Jet Age 4?
ATB 3?

Or maybe a European or Asian challenge?

Lead us not in to temptation and forgive us of our sins,

reveal your plan Thou mighty Sami
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Brockster

:P I hope we can get an ATB3 game but have the game end like it did in the first ATB game -- 2011 (I think?).

Sami

Filippo

Quote from: Dasha on November 10, 2009, 09:06:54 AM
ATB2, JA3, NAC are closing to an end...

*drums echo in the background*

Soooo mightiest of almight Finns,

when is the new game(s) going to start and what will it be?

A modern times 2?
Jet Age 4?
ATB 3?

Or maybe a European or Asian challenge?

Lead us not in to temptation and forgive us of our sins,

reveal your plan Thou mighty Sami

Shakespearean Dasha ;D

Dasha

The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

d2031k

A couple of quick questions about the proposed hub system:

1.  How many hubs will we be allowed?
2.  Will hubs be restricted to the same country or will we be allowed subsidiaries further apart? e.g. Virgin Atlantic/Nigeria/Blue etc

Thanks,

Dave :)

oggie84

Quote from: d2031k on November 10, 2009, 07:59:13 PM
A couple of quick questions about the proposed hub system:

1.  How many hubs will we be allowed?
2.  Will hubs be restricted to the same country or will we be allowed subsidiaries further apart? e.g. Virgin Atlantic/Nigeria/Blue etc

Thanks,

Dave :)

Hey Dave, I don't think Sami has the Hub system in place yet or even started on it for that matter. When he brought the subject up in a previous thread i'm pretty sure it was mentioned to be a couple of months away from being implimented hence why he wondered whether to bring it into the existing games of ROTMA and Modern Times. With any new game in the very near future i doubt this would be in it yet.

Sami - like Dave has mentioned, what are the proposed outlines of this Hub system in any case?

isuzu777

How about a game that goes farther into the future like recent games, just not with 450 players......

And then maybe a classic game to complement it. I want to join a game that goes further in the future but I want to start at the beginning, I missed the starts of the last games due to school.  :(
Dallasian International

Sami

Quote from: oggie84 on November 10, 2009, 09:49:51 PM
Sami - like Dave has mentioned, what are the proposed outlines of this Hub system in any case?

Well, this isn't really the thread for this but .. Like posted on news the current plan is to make some minor adjustments to the games with current status (or v.1.11 that is). Soon at the same time I'll start on next version (v.1.2 or something?) work which would have various bits and pieces changed that cannot be changed to running games, and hopefully multiple bases will be one of these things. The basis of the system is already running on current games (ie. the planes have a base airport set to them and the data is updated on every owner change and so on, so I can check that the basics work already), and for the multibases only thing what needs to be done is the interface for creating bases, adding new routes from them and some selections for choosing the base at route/aircraft management pages - quite little all in all. The biggest part would be to tune and choose the rules needed for setting up the bases, and staff calculation for that too.

But basically rules will be that bases are allowed on your home country (so if you choose Hong Kong, it's your loss then ...  :P), as you will be able to operate domestic services from the bases so adding a base to third country should not give that right. 4-leg routes, techstop excepted, will be removed. And EU area would be considered a single country for that sake too - players may not like that .. but it's reality. (and makes USA & EU rather similarly sized markets then). Number of bases will be limited, and also when/how you can create them. Costs involved are not thought yet but some sort of exponential cost system relative to airline size, base numbers and airport sizes will be made. (= trying to think it so that it's not very economical to start very many bases and not very soon etc)

And for the schedule of next version.. Next starting games will be the current / latest version (= one version newer than the games ending now! => new features still at them). And the starting worlds will be short/moderate in length, ie. 2-4 months max. And let's say that probable target for next version live is end of this year (=1,5 months from now), depending on my real work status and how much I start doing all things.. Probably a short beta period may be needed (not for Hubs but due to other things).

And depends also on how much I am doing stuff to current version games. I'd still like to add features to current games that add the long-term interest to the sim as the v.1.11 worlds are long and still lasting 5 months. That's why I am not rushing with the next version development... Such features would be more news of events and things like aircraft incidents. World events like major economic changes are planned but not possible to be integrated into a running world as that changes the demand model..

Sami

Back to topic.

"Euro Challenge" will start tomorrow.

Any other final requests you wish me to consider regarding other worlds? As that and one other would be opening.

jimsom

Quote from: sami on November 11, 2009, 08:14:14 PM
Any other final requests you wish me to consider regarding other worlds? As that and one other would be opening.

Since we have very long "unlimited" games and you have earlier said that shorter games are preferred;

How about a very hard challenge limited to a small area (like Scandinavia, the Mediterranean or the Middle East, possible?), otherways maybe Oceania. Or maybe a game limited to planes with a capacity under 40 PAX?

Brockster

Quote from: sami on November 11, 2009, 08:14:14 PM
As that and one other would be opening.

Would that other world happen to be an ATB3 styled game ending in 2011 like the first one did?  :)

Dasha

I would just prefer another ATB game... only a little longer again... 2011 or 2015 or something.

d2031k

My preference for the next world would be another ATB.  I think it should only be 2-3 months long at most, as people drop out and get bored once other worlds start.  A high number of people in the game always helps too.  Lots of competition is what makes the games exciting for me.  I became bored halfway through the last ATB because of a lack of competition.  In the current Modern Times, the start was brilliant as I had 2 other airlines to compete with.  Once they disappeared the game lost its edge.  With a large number of players, there's always a battle to be involved in and it stops the biggest airlines getting too big.

The game also becomes diluted when there are too many worlds.  I understand the need to have a variety to keep things interesting, but with less worlds open, people concentrate more on a specific airline.  This is when the real battles and strategies come into play.  I fully welcome the decision to only open 2 more worlds. :)

I guess, though, as I'm completely obsessed with the game, I'll play whatever   ;D  I'll look forward to the new developments with interest.  Keep up the excellent work.

Dave

isuzu777

I also prefer another ATB type game, seems like everyone does, starting soon please!!

And I also would like to see it go a bit farther into the future as others above have said, maybe until somewhere between 2015-2020???
Dallasian International

Talentz

QuoteAny other final requests you wish me to consider regarding other worlds? As that and one other would be opening.

I don't think I need to mention my request :)

Talentz

ryanhami

When is the second new game coming because another game finished today

thanks ryan

gandalfi

How about game from 1980 to 2010? With 24min day so it wouldn't cost much :D
What do you think about that kind of game?

edobarto

Hi sami! What about my previous proposal about the world with max two airlines for each hub? I repa, I do not want to put a limit but it would be better for everyone... Less competition on a hub, longer games for everyone.
Another question: you wrote that the EU will be considered as a single market. But in real life this happened only a few years ago and not since the "beginning of modern aviation". The deregulation about this issue came only at the beginning of this century, I will verify the year and the legal fuss... And I hope you will erase those double leg routes (unless for technical reason such refuelling!)!!!!!! :)
2nd question: I saw that Dasha asked about longer lasting games but... What about the supposed incoming a/c as the B-787? I read two days ago that Boein wanted to test the a/c in flight but this has been delayed again... Will you put them in service with their official date or with the real one? :)

Dorito_25

I really prefer a ATB time over a JA game any day. My suggestion is (like many others) to have an ATB game end later on..but it could start later on as well to keep the time short and costs cheap. I don't know the time for ATB2 right now, but how about one starting in 1997/1998 and ending in 2015. I'm in TMT right now...hating it because I really like modern ones, but I hate when there is over 400 people in the game!! If we do have an ATB3...please keep it 350 people or less. Depending on popularity...i guess it could be raised. I have never made a game past the year 2000...how unbelievably sad is that!! My plan is to make life more difficult in TMT - cheap tickets, good marketing...the usual.... ;D - Let us know soon what can be done