Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Post-Dated Events  (Read 419 times)

Riger

• Former member
[-] Post-Dated Events
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:26 PM »
Sami,

Would it be possible to include a feature to transfer a schedule to another aircraft at a future date.

I see this getting used when an aircraft is scheduled for a C check, and I intend to transfer it's routes to an aircraft that is not yet delivered.

You could use the same dialog box as you do at the moment, but add a checkbox to postpone the transfer to a future date and then have a pull down option for 1-21 days or 1-3 weeks.

The problem for me is that I am often committed (in real life) to events that exclude the possibility of internet access for a significant amount of time and I need to protect my high income routes from time to time.

Do you think this is something you might consider?

Thanks and best Regards

Richard
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:43:41 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Post-Dated Events
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:42:20 PM »
IMHO, it is not crucial to be able to do these things asap and 24/7. Of course it can save a few bucks.

I remember someone saying ironically that "why don't you develop a micro-programming language where user can type in all the requested changes for the future"..  ;)

But to be honest the more I think of it, the more I find some sort of future planning necessary. As in reality either business decisions are not put into force immediately. The same sort of delays in implementation could also apply to opening new routes and such (except for routes of new airlines?). But that's another story already.

For this particular feature however, don't see it possible yet. But keeping it open for brainstorming.

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
IMHO, it is not crucial to be able to do these things asap and 24/7. Of course it can save a few bucks.

I remember someone saying ironically that "why don't you develop a micro-programming language where user can type in all the requested changes for the future"..  ;)

But to be honest the more I think of it, the more I find some sort of future planning necessary. As in reality either business decisions are not put into force immediately. The same sort of delays in implementation could also apply to opening new routes and such (except for routes of new airlines?). But that's another story already.

For this particular feature however, don't see it possible yet. But keeping it open for brainstorming.

About future planning:

Currently we have schedule for the aircraft. We can change it with effectivity immidieatly.

What about option about future change of the schedule. Aircraft would be able to have "Current schedule" and "Future schedule". Future schedule would became current at time set by player.

This can be used when I have route A on aircraft 1. Soon (say 29.2.2013) aircraft 2 will be delivered and I want to put route A to aircraft 2 + start new route (route B) on aircraft one. I set Future schedule for aircraft 1 valid since 29.2.2013 with Route B, but without A. Since that day, Route B will operate. Then I put Route A to schedule of Aircraft 1 effective since 29.2.2013. This will help me to change schedule when I need, without need to be at computer.

Also, "autoclose route" at selected day would be great. Route will get remark like "until 16-Feb-96".
Example: I have Route A (AAA-BBB) on Aircraft 1. Since 29.2.2013 I will operate Aicraft 2. I want to operate route AAA-BBB with Aircraft 2, but in different time. So I set autoclose for Route A (last day of operation 28.2.2013) and then open Route B (also AAA-BBB) with different time and assign it to Aircraft 2's schedule effective since 29.2.2013.

Simillar "autoopen route" is not necessarry, route will be started when schedule with route will be started.

Bit complicated but I hope you'll understand point :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:58:54 PM by Samo »

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 02:38:40 PM »
I agree with Samo on this (believe it or not  ;D )

I find it hugely disruptive to try and re-schedule flights without interfering with the existing schedules.  The ability to plan new schedules in advance and then migrate them across at a future date would be uber-awesome.

In fact, I'd be prepared to pay at least 10 Cr for that feature and the one below if they could be implemented.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,11287.0.html )]

Best Regards

Richard

edobarto

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:13 AM »
Hi everybody! I think that it would be nice to have the possibility to do some "future planning" for the fleet, especially when talking about majour overhauls as for the C-check and D-check. Anyway, what I we can do up to now is to buy/lease enough a/c to have a fleet (or every kind of a/c or a/c with comparable performances/turn around times) so anyone would be able to rotate the schedules between the fleet. This is why, in my opinion, is advisable to buy Airbus A318/319/320/231 instead of B737 of any kind: they have a higher commonality ratio and common performances so, in case you have to switch schedules, you can incur in no or minimal loss...

Anyway, Sami, that idea of future schedule is tooooooo appealing... I hope you can do something about it! :) But first it would be nice to create the routes and staff it with different a/c (as in real life!!!) :))))

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.