So what's the point?

Started by RB211TriStar, October 15, 2009, 07:59:22 PM

RB211TriStar

I don't mean this in a derogatory way... but more as a serious question.

What is the ultimate determination of success in this game? And what happens at the end? Is there a "winner", or is it simply to challenge one's self in what has been described as the most difficult business to manage?

Just curious. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, but I'm not sure if I should be trying to maximize profit, passengers, net, worth, fleet size, or some combination therein.

Cheers!

Sami

Well, as often in management sims, there is no clear winner. There isn't one in reality either.  ;)

We've been discussing about a "game score" type of thing but that's impossible or very hard as each airline is unique and have different business plans so comparing two airlines is not even worth it all the times.

RB211TriStar

Sami,
The score idea sounds neat. Perhaps you can have each player categorize their airline with a selection in the game... such as:

• Legacy Carrier
  • Low Cost Carrier
  • Specialty Carrier

This way the rating criteria could be different. LCC's would focus more on profit, Legacy carriers maybe on cash flow or customer satisfaction, etc...

In any case, the game is fascinating. I can't wait for a more difficult world to open.