LOGO AND LIVERY

Started by cashacasha, September 05, 2008, 03:41:06 AM

knutm1980

Rawrs master, good find and thanks for sharing!!

And here's my proposal for Sky Train. Hope you like it. Went with a slight art deco theme.

zorbon

I was just able to get into the Jet Age game, Thought I'd share with you all my 50s styled livery on my Fk27

freestyle061179

hey guys

how do you create your own livery and logo??

knutm1980

Quote from: freestyle061179 on February 22, 2010, 06:20:12 PM
hey guys

how do you create your own livery and logo??

I use photoshop, if you dont have it..there are free alternatives. Google, 'alternative to' and theres a website called 'alternative to windows,mac,linux' which tells you about other options for graphics/photo editing software amongst other things, some free, some not. It includes descriptions and reviews and links to the companies webpages for download. Theres a great link on the last page with loads of aircraft templates as well. Then it's just a matter of playing around with it. Loads of good tutorials online to give you the basics of working with layers, using brushes, gradients, masking layers, etc. The size for your logo/livery is in the airline settings, I woudl suggest working in something slightly larger and re-size once done.

Then head over to somewhere like Dafont.com and get yourself some unnusual none standard fonts.

Good luck and go wild.

zorbon

I use photoshop as well.

If your looking for something like photoshop but free (and cross platform) try www.gimp.org

if you're using a blank white livery, make it it's own layer. make a blank layer beneath it, go back to the blank livery layer use the magic select tool and click the white areas you wish to color, then hit delete. Go back to the bottom layer below it and color away ;)

freestyle061179

i have a black and white livery, and gimp but really confused how to use it, i guess i dont have much patients for this lol

freestyle061179

dont suppose there is a step by step guide anywhere on how to do this?

zorbon

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/The_Basics/
http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-fuzzy-select.html

after reading those two, open your black and white livery,
make a new layer,
put the black and white livery above the new layer,
magic select the white parts of the black and white livery,
hit delete
go to the empty layer and color :)

I'll take pics of a little tutorial tonight.

zorbon

Here ya go

Hope that helps

freestyle061179

thank you for your help, i shall enjoy spending my time on it after some sleep  :)

F14 Tomcat

herts15

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could design a livery for my new airline....BritIndian Airlines...with a fleet of A340-300s

It would be greatly appreciated...airmiles up for grabs as a reward  :)

auerbacs

I'll admit that I'm entirely incompetent with image editing software. If somebody could design livery for Perseus Airlines, I would be eternally grateful. As some context:

Perseus is the good-looking Greek dude who cut Medusa's head off. My airline is the good-looking little fella who's cutting off the heads of the big boys, at least that's the theory. Anyway, I'd love a design which is both grotesque and pleasant on the eyes. There can also be some greek-style nudity and even a decapitated medusa head, if you think you can work that in. But I'd like the plane it to be a rather pleasant color, like Sky Blue, so that I can sneak up on those Medusa planes without her seeing me.

I fly NAMCs and N262s. Are there even templates for those planes? If not, perhaps a 737... I'll get one eventually.

Auerbacs

auerbacs

Actually, a light (not so obnoxious) pink would also be a good base color, especially since it's already in my logo.

yevgeniy

One more request.  :)

For my Jet Age airline,  Choice One Airways based in Moscow.

I am thinking it would be on an Ilyushin 62, and something communist (The Choice One name is a euphemism that theoretically the passengers have no choice).

knutm1980

Quote from: yevgeniy on February 27, 2010, 04:40:44 PM
One more request.  :)

For my Jet Age airline,  Choice One Airways based in Moscow.

I am thinking it would be on an Ilyushin 62, and something communist (The Choice One name is a euphemism that theoretically the passengers have no choice).

Flying for mother Russia and Stalin, Choice One Airways

yevgeniy

Wow, again amazing, where did you get the template for the Il62?

knutm1980

Thanks, glad you liked it. The link is in the last post on the previous page, loads of templates.

herts15

Hi there everyone...

I need a new livery for my airline:

BritIndian Airways
A340-300
Any shades of blue...from the lightest baby blue to an almost black.

Thanks in advance!

Dookz

I'd like to share my new livery for my airline in jet age (dubai under british control). I used the arabic looking font in the link rawrmaster provided, thanks for that. I would really love to have done this on a L1101 or 747 template from jetabout but I dont know the technique that creates the nice shadow effect which makes it more 3D looking and less flat.