Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
Main Menu

LOGO AND LIVERY

Started by cashacasha, September 05, 2008, 03:41:06 AM

Skyrat

I modified the airframe livery that ucfknightryan did for me to go with my new logo. It's not as flash as some, but will pass till I learn to do a proper livery-

[attachment expired]

ucfknightryan

Skyrat,

If you want it, I'd be happy to send you the layered GIMP file for your livery so you can see what I did and make your changes on the different layers.

-Ryan

Skyrat

Thank you for the offer Ryan, would have been a real help, but sadly I use Paint.NET. I am doing a tutorial on layering at present though, but will just need sometime for the lessons to penetrate my head.

Thanks again Des.

ucfknightryan

Quote from: Skyrat on September 24, 2010, 04:00:12 PM
Thank you for the offer Ryan, would have been a real help, but sadly I use Paint.NET. I am doing a tutorial on layering at present though, but will just need sometime for the lessons to penetrate my head.

Thanks again Des.

It appears that there is a plugin for Paint.NET that allows opening/saving in the .psd file format.  I can save in that format from GIMP and a quick test confirms that it does preserve the layers.

Here's the file if you want it - link

Always meant to give Paint.NET a spin, thanks for the excuse/reminder to install it  ;D

-Ryan

Skyrat

Thank you very much for all this help Ryan...

I have the down loaded, and installed the plugin, and it is working. I downloaded your file, and Paint.NET opened it with no problems. Now thanks to looking at your file the tutorial now makes sense, and I am also able to save to Paint.NET format. So now I just need to get stuck into the tutorial, that is in-between running an airline of course.

Thanks again Des.   

Skyrat

Have finished the tutorial, and worked-up a new Schooner Air MD-90 with Ryan's file-

[attachment expired]

raptorva

Quote from: Skyrat on September 25, 2010, 10:52:16 AM
Have finished the tutorial, and worked-up a new Schooner Air MD-90 with Ryan's file-

I'd recommend cleaning up the white pixel lines around the logo and add some shading and shine to the vertical stabilizer as well, it looks a little 2d compared to the rest of the aircraft.

Skyrat

Quote from: raptorva on September 25, 2010, 12:12:55 PM
I'd recommend cleaning up the white pixel lines around the logo and add some shading and shine to the vertical stabilizer as well, it looks a little 2d compared to the rest of the aircraft.

Thanks for your intuitive advice, which was entirely correct. I have now done what you suggested, and I am now a lot happier with the result- 

[attachment expired]

raptorva

that looks much better now, a classy livery.

ucfknightryan

Here's a livery for MRFREAK's Sakura Airlines.  Let me know if you want anything changed MRFREAK.

-Ryan

[attachment expired]

ADAM L HOGAN

could some please do a livery and logo for perthg air charters please

on a boeing 737-400
thanks again if some could do this for me would be much appeciated

Jetsetter

Ughhh, I suck at Photoshop.

ICEcoldair881

I like it, especially the line thingys at the front of the aircraft. :)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Skyrat

Here is a modified template of a 727-200 that I worked up, and is free for anybody to use-

Skyrat

[attachment expired]

ucfknightryan

Here's two new liveries for MRFREAK's Sakura Airlines.  Let me know if you want anything changed MRFREAK.

-Ryan

[attachment expired]

ucfknightryan

I also redid my own livery and figured I'd post it here.

-Ryan

[attachment expired]

Skyrat

A wonderful livery Sir... a work of art, and simply beautiful.  :o

Edit: and thanks to ucfknightryan, for teaching me how to do livery. I have worked-up this livery of a 737-700 for my new Airline.  

[attachment expired]

Bolier Dweller

I could you use a Livery for a 757-200 with PW on them or a 777-200 with PW.

Refrence my logo for colors, im not picky.
Thanks to whom ever does it.

[attachment expired]

Bralo20

A couple of days ago I tried something for my own airline but I'm not to good with PS...  Anyone who has a better idea? ;)

[attachment expired]

LoyalRoyal1992

Hi, is there a chance someone could design me a Logo/Livery please? It would be much appricated :)

If possible the livery could be on A320 IAE engines, or A330 with RR engines, that would be great !

airline name: Buzz Air 

thanks,

Mark.