Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Continue or restart?  (Read 418 times)

samomuransky

• Former member
Continue or restart?
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »
Hi.
I would like to ask you for help... I play Modern Times and after some bad steps I'm 5,7m in red.

I completely changed my routes and prices and now I'm in small green numbers - 139k last week (I have really massive marketing right now). My question is - do I have to continue or start new airline? Many of routes are just new and therefore I expect them to grow soon...

I operate 3x Fokker 100 (3 more ordered) and 1 DC-9...

Thanks for your help!
Samo

ukatlantic

• Former member
Re: Continue or restart?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:27:02 PM »
I say drop your DC9 for another Fokker! The F100's are good aircraft that can be often overlooked.  Also $5.3M in the red isn't that much, what you need to look at is your weekly profit after everything is taken out, although the aircraft are making aprofit are they paying off all your extra costs like advertising which are not factored into the profit of an aircraft.

SO I think that as long as your making a decent profit after all deductions you should be fine, however that DC9 is costing you in training and maintenace costs as its different to you current F100's and also the engines are not RR on the DC9 unlike the F100's so those differences all add to your weekly costs - so dump it as soon as you can afford too!  ;)

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »
like the previous post said if your in the green each week keep going.

i am in the same position, what i do is massive marketing for 3 months then minimal marketing for a few weeks, then back to 3 months massive marketing and so on.

seems to be working for me so far.

samomuransky

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 06:34:10 AM »
Thanks for both replys :)

Unfortunately, at start there wasn't anything else so I started with that DC.. I want to throw it up, after lease expires what's in more than year. Currently I can't afford terminate lease since I'm in red :)

Lamantijn84

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 10:04:15 AM »
Keep in mind you might not be paying for the aircraft leases yet, if you just have them (less than 4 months). The cheapest F100 costs around 90k per week. That makes 270k per week for the three you have. So you effectively lose 130k per week (140k-270k). You have to increase your income! But it will increase, when the loadfactors increase, so it will probably work out!

However, if you get the other three soon, they can start earning and make up for the leasing costs of the other two. It buys you more time to get up your image and thus your load facter. In the end you have to earn enough to make a profit including the leasing costs of all your a/c. But again, if you earn this 140k right now with loadfactors still in the 50's, you will have no problem earning money when the LF's eventually get up to 80+ so I'd say: good luck!  :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.