Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] One Stop Demand and Other Demand Issues  (Read 323 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
[-] One Stop Demand and Other Demand Issues
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:14 PM »
I think before we go ahead and do connecting pax, we should try one stops first.

So youd fly AAA-BBB-CCC and have some function that would allow you so set aside capacity from 0%-100% for traffic going AAA-CCC via BBB. Connections are very very complicated and I think this would be a good first step

ok Two.

I think there should be some sort of function that allows weekly demand to travel on any day(subject to competition). This helps in real small markets and allows for routes that today arent possible. Example. Total weekly demand is 210 pax with 30 per day. Obviously this cant be served with anything larger than say a Saab 340 on a daily basis. But what if it is too long for a Saab 340? It would be good to serve with a 737 2x weekly. Of course load factor would be slow to build, but I think this would be a good function. If a competitor came along with a daily Metro or Beech 1900 and flew this that should be calculated also (Daily Beech 1900 better than 2x weekly 737)

Three: Business versus Leisure Markets:

I noticed in pretty much all markets, day 6 and 7 have less demand than days 1-5. This is great for business markets. But for a leisure market like Cancun, Days 5,6,7 should have say 150% demand than the weekly average and Days 2-3 should have only 60% or so with Days 1,4 having 100%. This reflects reality where weekends are chock block and Days 2/3 are weak.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:56:19 PM by sami »

Offline JJP

• Members
Re: One Stop Demand and Other Demand Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
Nice suggestions. :)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.