How to ease new player entrance after world has started?

Started by Sami, September 21, 2009, 04:56:41 PM

samomuransky

Quote from: sami on September 27, 2009, 01:02:38 PM
  Anyway, once that is done you are directed to another page where you can buy/lease max two aircraft:  These planes come from the "pool" of aircraft brokers and they are planes waiting to be sold on the used market but they are not yet on the market - in other words they are not visible to other players yet. If you are a regional airline you will be displayed all planes with less than 100 pax for example so initially you can get only planes relative to your chosen business model. You can then buy/lease two planes normally from this selection, depending on your cash, and both will be delivered instantly when the airline is started. The purchase procedure is the same as now, plane selection is just different. There will not be possibility to get new planes at this step but you are given an option to skip this step alltogether.

One small idea - I would like to see production line of aircraft I'm buying in this fase (if it's still in production). Because if it will not be implented, that may lead to situation that I decided to open regional airline, buy 2 ATRs (with plan to buy new later) and once I'll be in game I find that there are full production lines for them for next 2 years and I have to start another fleet. (note: This is not what happens with ATRs, but important is principe.. hope everybody understand it :))