Log

Started by Knud B, September 13, 2009, 12:05:28 PM

Knud B

Hi,

I think that a log in some sort will be a very big help...
The log could show different information both in Game-date and in real date...
The information could be changes of ticket prices, changes of routes and other...
Knud Berggreen
Altona Luftverkehr AG

ICEcoldair881

that would really help so that you know what you just did, rather than having to do it again because you thought you didn't... :P it sucks when I have to do that. This would really help! ;)

Yb

Quote from: ICEcold on September 13, 2009, 06:31:10 PM
that would really help so that you know what you just did, rather than having to do it again because you thought you didn't... :P it sucks when I have to do that. This would really help! ;)

A log would be nice. It can also work instead of the messages.

Sami

This could be done.. and would be useful for possible bug hunting too for us.

And I think a "price change log" was also asked previously so this would be two flies with one feature type of solution. I think no fancy things like search or sorting of the results is needed, just a chronological list of all the events?  (so it can be built basically by the system adding data to a text file which is then displayed to the user....)

Yb

Quote from: sami on September 26, 2009, 02:07:57 PM
This could be done.. and would be useful for possible bug hunting too for us.

And I think a "price change log" was also asked previously so this would be two flies with one feature type of solution. I think no fancy things like search or sorting of the results is needed, just a chronological list of all the events?  (so it can be built basically by the system adding data to a text file which is then displayed to the user....)

Yes, that would be nice :) Exactly like this :) just a simple log of things you did.

Riger

Sounds good.

Perhaps if was in a CSV or Table format, users (that want to) can copy and paste to the local machine and manage the data to their needs.

Regards

Richard

Sami

no idea how you could manage a log with a formatting of this type / style:

---
24.9.2009, 15:15 - Aircraft / New - Ordered 20x A320-200, CFM-56-B6, Weight: Standard, Config: "XX"
24.9.2009, 15:16 - Routes / Open - Opened new route: KIAH-KDFW, A32S, dep 06.00, days 1234567, prices: $50/60/90 - $50/60/90
24.9.2009, 15:45 - Aircraft / New - Ordered 50x A320-200, CFM-56-B6, Weight: Standard, Config: "XX"
---

(just an example .. but that's how the admin logs are formatted on other things and would use the same for this too)

Riger

Sami,

Fair Enough.

Regards
Richard

Knud B

A table would be better...
A table can be copy-pasted into Excell and OpenOffice Calc if needed. and there it can be sorted as one like.

If you choose the CSV-format, then please youse semicolon instead of comma. Then it also possible to copy/paste.

And you need som more semicolons:

24.9.2009; 15:15; Aircraft / New; Ordered 20x A320-200; CFM-56-B6; Weight: Standard; Config: "XX"
24.9.2009; 15:16; Routes / Open; Opened new route: KIAH-KDFW; A32S; dep 06.00; days 1234567; prices: $50/60/90 - $50/60/90
24.9.2009; 15:45; Aircraft / New; Ordered 50x A320-200; CFM-56-B6; Weight: Standard; Config: "XX"
Knud Berggreen
Altona Luftverkehr AG

Sami

ok, I will do it so ... prefer the ; instad of table format as tables will just take unnecessary file space as those will be plain text files anyway.