Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Seating configs question  (Read 715 times)

Offline pascaly

• Members
Seating configs question
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »
Hi all,

I've had a search around the forums, but can't find anything on this, however if I've missed something, please point me to it.

What I'm wondering is, I've got a 734 coming up for a C check soon and I'd like to change the seating config, can this be done during the check so as to minimise the down time or can I only change it outside the check?

Thanks

Kammola

• Former member
Re: Seating configs question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »
In config screen it says: "If the aircraft is in maintenance at the moment the reconfiguration will lengthen the maintenance time."

Offline pascaly

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:27:28 PM »
Great, thanks for that.

Sergey Goncharenko

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »
... But unfortunately in game the reconfiguration of airplane occupies a lot of time - 3 days.
If the class in cabin (F or C, or both) is not added and does not delete, real time of airplane reconfig is about 3-8 hours.
If the class in cabin to add, maximim reconfig time is no more than 24 h. (If aircompany have seats/chair already, and have own technical base&personnel).

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
(reconfig is always a full change of all seats and cabin things)

Sergey Goncharenko

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »
Sami, unfortunately, I do not know, when you recieved the information about reconfiguration time. A week ago I spoken with technical service-base of airline "Center-Avia" (CVC - ICAO code).
For example: Yak-42D fom configuration 44 seats  C-class to configuration C:16 Y:84  - make 3 persons diring 8 working hours. Thus airlines the reconfiguration costs nothing, because airline pays the salary these persons (already).
The Boeing of 757-200 airlines "Vim-Avia" from variant C/Y in a variant full Y reconfig-time is  3 (!)  hours. (The partition between business and an Y-class simply moves, and it's finished)).

For a long time airlines practise curtains for separate business-class and economy-class. Distinction between classes consists  that for 6 seats (3/3) only 4 passengers settle down. (Sitting in the middle remains is empty always). Such practice has Finnair including. I flied from Helsinki to Moscow in February in the business-class, which differed nothing from economy ( except meal and red wine )).
However for flights on a long distance, for example from Helsinki to New York the business class looks on another. But reconfig. these airplane  necessity happens very seldom....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:39:27 PM by Uran »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »
I am not talking about changing the position of the "curtain" or changing anything small / similar. In A320 that is made in 2 minutes.

In the sim the seating config change is always a full maintenance of the cabin with all seats out -> new seats in (and possibly other cabin refurbishment / overhaul?). However these "quick change" type config changes in shorthaul fleet are a bit hard to model anyway and still the basic concept is that reconfig is also a cabin maintenance.

Sergey Goncharenko

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:49 PM »
However these "quick change" type config changes in shorthaul fleet are a bit hard to model anyway and still the basic concept is that reconfig is also a cabin maintenance.
I've understood it for a long time)) But I say, that it is unreal. Repair and updating the passenger cabins usually included in the D-check.
I do not know cases that any airline would remove the airplane from the schedule for a cabin reconfiguration.
Besides, the price of the advanced one C-class-seat made by corporation "AVIO" in China does not exceed $2500. Than 1 seat for economy class is much cheaper. Term of  operation seat is average 5 years.
In the sim I buy every time a lot of seats and then throw out them.))).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.