Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Profanity  (Read 683 times)

JJRiddle1

• Former member
Profanity
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
Based on Code of Conduct, how are airlines like "f*** You Airsim" allowed to operate???  Why are airlines that post comments like "(player's name) is FAG!" allowed to keep operating?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Profanity
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:10 PM »
I already replied to your PM: We cannot monitor every message or airline in the system, it would be more than a full time job as there is so much daily activity. Each forum message has a 'report to moderator' button next to it which you can use to alert the admins if some message is not in line with the rules, please use that if necessary.

Airlines or messages not following the rules will be closed / removed, as the rules are quite simple and easy to understand too. But someone has to make the admins aware of them first. Very simple?

(wondering, why do you have to repeat the same thing here again when you already got the reply via PM. And also why you don't specify where these messages are exactly instead of "something has been said somewhere". There is no way we can act based on that little information - please use the moderator report button instead, thanks.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:34:36 PM by sami »

JJRiddle1

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »
I posted based on the PM you sent.  Since the topic seems wide spread I posted here to create a topic header for others who find the issue and have a place to post it.  When I have a topic, I search the posts to see if it has been addressed or to see how wide spread the issue is.  Thats why I find the forums hard to utilize as topics overlap, repeat information, and are not kept in alphabetical order.  When I was looking to post the concern before sending you a PM, I could not find a Code of Conduct forum in the 39 pages of topic posts.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:41:15 PM by JJRiddle1 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »
Did I misunderstand your last message or what makes you think that posting bad messages at the forum is somehow widespread?  I remember only a SINGLE indicent over the last 8 months where we've had to temporarily ban an user because he posted some inappropriate messages. Perhaps the same case you are referring to?

Anyway .. Seems to me that you're not quite understanding the forum concept. The topics cannot be in alphabetical order as this secton of the site is a discussion forum, not a text/topic library or dictionary. Things are ordered by the time they have been posted here of course, with most recent things first and categorized into certain areas. The forum format is a standard used worldwide in perhaps millions of websites, and the software used here too is very widespread, so it's nothing unordinary.

If you need to find a certain thing please use the search ( https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php?action=search ) and some probable keyword, you can there specify also which time and subforums to search for and it returns the topics for you quickly. There is also a help/info section ( https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php?action=help ) that contains info about using the forum - have never read that myself though as this is a pretty simple interface.

The Terms of Service text is not located at the forum, but you can find the highlights at the "pinned" post at general forum: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,5.0.html
And complete Terms text is here: https://www.airwaysim.com/Terms/Full/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:50:08 PM by sami »

JJRiddle1

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
If you are referring to "F*** My Life Airline" and "F*** You Airsim", both in the same game then YES.

When the airline who posted the gay slurs went bankrupt, his press releases disappeared but they stayed up while he functioned.  That was the beginning of JA3 and he is currently a player in the same game.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:01:20 PM by JJRiddle1 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:00:04 PM »
When airline goes bust, the press releases are not gone. They are still visible at the forum, but not visible at the game area as the airline doesn't exist there anymore. But I don't find any of those posts ... so perhaps you can point me to them, if they were posted, like I already asked in the first reply. ;)

JJRiddle1

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »
I misstated the game, it was in TB2.  The messages are edited and all information has been erased.  There is a post by you at the end of the string that reminds players to follow the rules of conduct. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.