AWS in Google Chrome

Started by Dasha, September 05, 2009, 09:09:02 PM

Dasha

As of today, Chrome and AWS don't match...

When I press the route info globe button... it shows the info for me and the background is the grey shade... then when I click the escape button again.. the screen strays in that grey shade. It does this on both my computers. Is this something the development team in AWS have changed?
If so please change it back.... I don't want to go back using Microjunk Internet Exploder...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

type45

The same thing happened on mine too......and it looks like an error will take place if I open a lot of pages at a very close time, but I need this for my route price adjustment ;)

(But at lease it is much better than IE, it will shut down by itself if I do this  :o )

Dasha

Yeah true... IE crashes every 5 minutes... but in Chrome I cannot click anything anymore and have to refresh the page.. which is a pain if you just found an airport... it refreshes to the page where you have to pick the continent and country...
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Sami

AWS site code complies with the web standards and if some browser is not compatible then I'd say straight out that it's the fault of the browser. As we're not using that much of any nonstandard gizmos here. Some browsers, like IE6, are simply not standards compliant. Which is a major headache for developers. But IE6 is completely unsupported on this site as it's so old anyway. I don't have Chrome on my computer but AWS has been tested with Firefox, IE7+, Safari and Opera.

Also, nothing on that part of the site has changed lately so no idea what causes it.

--

Edit: Installed Chrome. No problems here. On which page is that exactly?

type45

The problem happened at changing plane registration, opening new routes and setting config with Premium seats

I have IE7 on my computer

Sami

type45

I opened the infor page with grey shade at the back, I've pressed the esc on the info page, the page disappeared but the screen strays in that grey shade

For setting config, it shows the error message when i try to set a config with Premium seats on A332 and B762ER

Sami

Works just fine for me in IE7, please clear the browser's cache.

Sami

Updated some script files and should work better now (?) with Chrome.

Jona L.

why using chrome anyway??
that sucks!!! not only windows/apple spying your computer but also google doing so.... great!!!
I'm completly happy with Opera 10.0!! only for downloading from yt with realplayer IE is necessary, therefor I downloaded
Free YT to MP3 converter, so I now only use Opera 10.0!

I think its not only the fault of the browser, as you said, sami, but also of the guys using browsers such as chrome!!

that's all I want to say, except for one thing:

you will NEVER convince me of using Google Chrome!!

Dasha

@sami,

you fixed the problem I had (whatever you did) But now I can't load my Scheduling page, oh but as I found out now that is a problem of this computer only as it works on the other one fine.

However though, as I was cleaning up my temp files, there is one very suspicious file I cannot remove. I think it's from AWS. It's called Finnish.bin
You don't have anything to do with that do you  ??? :laugh: ::)

@jona,

I used to have Opera, nothing I ever wanted in Opera ever worked, Firefox is too bloody commercial so I'm left with Google Chrome. It's solid and most things work on it.
Chrome used to work fine with AWS and I never blamed sami for it not working anymore. You be happy with you Opera, I'll be happy with my Chrome.

Jona L.

maybe right, but as you opened this thread, you complained about not working, so why just don't try another browser, before complaining, huh??

this is not meant to be angry, just a question, okay? please don't get me wrong here!

Well, but to go back to the original subject, I have a blemish with opera:
as I have to check something e.g. the days of flight, I only see a little line going from upper left corner, to the middle, and in IE it works fine, just wanned to tell, not that it would be a bug or so.

have a nice day, all of you

type45

I've just try and it's OK now......

Jona: I think you have the right to hate Chrome, but I also think that we have the right to use Chrome in playing AWS, right? ;) There is a problem for Chrome users, I believe it is much more positive to try to locate the bug (well, or find out this is our own problem ;) ) instead of asking why the Chrome users don't use another software beside Chrome ;)

This is not a problem for you does not mean it's also not a problem for others. Thank you  ::)

Jona L.

I see your point, but if you read carefully, you would have noticed the:
"don't get me wrong here please!"  ::) which should have meant, that I want to make a reproach on Chrome users, ;)

but to make you ask yourself, what you wanted to ask me myself :):
"Is the problem on the game, or is it on me(or my computer)" ???

So please don't hate me for expressing that I hate chrome!!

thank you

Sami

To my knowledge Chrome is a working browser like any other, and I would prefer that at ANY TIME over internet explorer.. Case closed.

Eyon

Quote from: sami on September 06, 2009, 07:43:25 PM
To my knowledge Chrome is a working browser like any other, and I would prefer that at ANY TIME over internet explorer.. Case closed.
Chrome meets the web standards. It's aim is to have a fast Javascript engine too, one of the languages AWS is based on. (AJAX scripting...)

I wouldn't prefer using any kind of IE anyway since it has loads of bugs and it's a pain in the ass to get a website compatible with IE6. I still prefer Firefox (3.5). I've only experienced one problem with AWS, but that has been fixed by disabling AdBlock Plus.

@ Dasha. Stop posting nonsence please. Firefox isn't the browser aimed on commercial shizzle. Opera is a commercial piece of trash.
I would like it if you come up with some good statements about that. Why can't it be a fault of a browser? It can be a bug. However, clearing the cache and clearing cookies is something you have to do regulary (Which I never do, since I don't have any problems ;)).

Jona L.

I don't need to clean it up due to not letting him save anything, except for passwords, so in fact no things are saved ;) ;)

@Eyon, I didn't ever say anything about Firefox, I just said, that I don't want CHROME to spy my computer, nothing to do with firefox!!!

cu all guys

Eyon

Quote from: Jona L. on September 08, 2009, 09:00:22 PM
I don't need to clean it up due to not letting him save anything, except for passwords, so in fact no things are saved ;) ;)

@Eyon, I didn't ever say anything about Firefox, I just said, that I don't want CHROME to spy my computer, nothing to do with firefox!!!

cu all guys
I must have misread it, I basically ment Dasha. Sorry :P

Jona L.

np.... can happen to anyone!! ;)

ICEcoldair881

btw Jona, Google Chrome was designed and made by Google and has no software inside the browser what-so-ever that will interfere with your Computer. It was designed as a browser made by Google, not a Spybot designed to see everthing on your computer. Firefox is a great browser as it can be installed anywhere and is also not a Spybot. I don't know why you think the browsers are all Spybots. I've quite tech savvy and I know for a FACT that there isn't a single browser out there that is a Spybot (unless it was designed that way by Baddies :laugh:) and Safari, Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Opera fall under that list. You can stick to your Opera 10.0, but why not broaden your horizon. Not everything on computers is made by baddies designed to Spy on your computer. That's why each browser goes through rigorus testing and certification to make SURE that the browsers themselves are not Spybots designed to harm your computer. The things that do that are located on the INTERNET, not on the browsers. Opera, in my experience, is exactly like what Eyon said: a commercial peice of rubbish. I've only used it 3 times in my experience and that was to test it on different computers, doing different things with it for my dad. I hated every minute of it because it was a pain in the a** to do anything, and there were so many bugs I decided to take an hour off from using Opera and use Chrome instead on a different computer. I think your wasting your time with Opera (only my opinion). ;)