Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Need for a graphics artist  (Read 476 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Need for a graphics artist
« on: September 02, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »
I am planning some changes to the staff systems and part of this is to add more visual aspects / graphics to it...

One possible idea is to add some (2d/3d) face pictures of the staff members (manager of each department) to the staff pages (among other updates). However I would need assistance in this as it's a time consuming task and my graphics skills are not good enough.

In short: I am looking for images or image library of human faces which are either hand-drawn or generated with some software. The faces should be fully changeable/customizable by combining different parts to construct the full face (= add nose, eyes, hair, mouth, select gender and race). Something what was originally featured in Transport Tycoon (Picture) - or another choice is to use some 3d face modelling software to construct the faces (like this) but that would require probably a lot more time as each face model must be made by hand separately. There should be at least 1000 - 5000 different face combinations so I believe the best choice is to "build them from bits" (the first option).

Long story short, if you are able to do this or know someone who can please contact me via forum PM or the website's contact form.

Jona L.

• Former member
Re: Need for a graphics artist
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:23:08 PM »
The faces should be fully changeable/customizable by combining different parts to construct the full face (= add nose, eyes, hair, mouth, select gender and race). Something what was originally featured in Transport Tycoon (Picture)

TTD would of been the first thing to recommand to you, and due to it beeing OpenTTD you should be allowed to use the algorithm for free ;)
also the developers aren't that unfriendly, so why not ask??
another thing yould be the newGRF/TT Forum:

TT-forums

kindly regards

Jona L.
CEO of LLL

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:27:14 PM »
I don't need the code, I just need graphics .. and the TTD graphics are ugly. ;)

Jona L.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:15:23 PM »
I don't need the code, I just need graphics .. and the TTD graphics are ugly. ;)
but you need a (maybe not that one) code for using the variables?!!
and yes, they're quite not looking tooo good ;D
I also don't use my computer for doing graphical work, so I don't know programs for this :(

cu

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.