Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] change alliances for smaller games  (Read 405 times)

mukk

• Former member
[-] change alliances for smaller games
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
hi,

if you look at the current NA challenge game, it seems that for those smaller games the parameters for alliances should be modified. i mean, there are only two alliances, and only one really big one having 22 members, and still they cannot get to 100% rating.
so maybe the values should be changed for that kind of games so that an alliance can get to 100% with only 5-10 members. alliances of that size don't really make much sense anyway in that games, because people start stepping on each others feet pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:13:29 PM by sami »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: change alliances for smaller games
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
The alliance rating depends on the alliance age, routes, and so on .. So having a new alliance cannot get 100% rating no matter how many members it has.

And besides if it's a small game then all the alliances are in the same situation, and the effect of the rating is quite small anyway, so I don't see a change necessary (= read: don't see necessary to use the limited time to change it). ;)

mukk

• Former member
Re: [-] change alliances for smaller games
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »
well ok, but what about the very easy thing of changing the max. number of members (of alliances) for small games?
i mean, c'mon, the current situation in NA challenge is just stupid, almost all big airlines are in one alliance. this seriously reduces competition between them. it would be much more interesting if there would be a few smaller alliances competing with each other...

Sigma

• Former member
Re: [-] change alliances for smaller games
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:46:53 PM »
He does have a point.  And I'm a member of said Alliance.

For what it's worth I'd support a cap of at least 7 and no more than 10 members to an Alliance on single-continent games.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.