Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ticket Price too low of a factor  (Read 828 times)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Ticket Price too low of a factor
« on: August 28, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
It seems as if pax take too many other considerations into mind when they decide to fly. 

For instance, I am flying new A320s with standard seats to KMSP from KCLE with a ticket price of $35.  My planes are only 30-35% full.   My RI is 100 and CI is 50.  Honestly I find it kind of lame that for me to get a higher CI I have to advertise worldwide when 95% of my flights are within the USA. 

I think that pax really should look at price more than they already do.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Ticket Price too low of a factor
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:39:21 PM »
The advertising campaign terms "local, regonal, country, world" are just to describe the size of the campaign. Company image is a global companywide variable and does not take into account if you would only fly from Alaska to Greenland (or somewhere else remote or local) ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 06:41:22 PM by sami »

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:59:06 PM »
Oh, and they like smaller planes way too much.  My CRJ is 95% full while the A320 is 35%.  Same price.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »
You dont have to advertise "world wide" to get a higher CI. Its just more effective.

You can have 3x Continent campaigns and still have near 100 CI. Its about how much % you spend compared to your income and size of airline.

A 100k base city campaign will not rise your CI as fast as a 100k world wide campaign. But a 300k base city will rise faster then a 100k world wide because your spending more of a % of your income on Advertising.

Also, its easier to fill a 50 seater then a 130 seater. Right? This is more so the reason when you have over capacity on a given route. The smaller aircraft fill first (sorted by time of flight) and whatever is left goes to the bigger aircraft.

Which game is this btw?

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.