Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: VC10 and pax comfort  (Read 907 times)

Offline powi

• Members
VC10 and pax comfort
« on: August 19, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »
VC10 seats max 150 pax. If I configure one for premium two class seating for long haul I can fit in around 60 pax! That plane cannot make profit.

Now compare VC-10 to A321: Both seat Y 6 abreast, Airbus 220 and VC-10 150 persons, max. Now look at the length of these aircraft: A321 44,51m and VC10 48,36m!

Conclusion: VC10 must offer very good leg room even when configured with high density seats because it is 4m longer but seats 70 people (that is 11 rows!) less.

I've not been able to confirm this, but it seems to me that I cannot get over 60% LFs in long haul standard seats equipped VC10s.

Correction: There should be two max pax numbers for each aircraft: One to determine the actual max pax one can carry and one to represent available floor room. If done so VC10 should have max pax of 151, but floor room foor around 220 pax. That would make it possible to configure it with many more premium seats and make the game more realistic. There are several other aircarft that would benefit from this change.

ps. VC10 is the aircraft from the time when traveling was luxury and "standard seat" had different meaning. Or was it the bar and piano that took the extra space?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:36:55 PM by Powi »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: VC10 and pax comfort
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 03:26:03 PM »
hmm.. I see the problem here. Hard to say what would be the easiest solution to fix it.

Offline powi

• Members
Re: VC10 and pax comfort
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:59:43 AM »
It's not that bad what I think it is. My hi-density configured VC-10 earns me more money then most of my standard configured 707s and dc8s on ~3000nm routes. I think I should go for all hi-density...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.