Range Calculator

Started by type45, August 18, 2009, 08:45:57 PM

type45

It is hard for us to find out the range of the plane under such configure when ordering new planes until it delivered. Every time I've to find some data or even "go back" to other world and try to confirm the range ;) Is it possible to put a range calculator in the game? Maybe this can be shown at the configuring page :)

svtcobra281

gatt

Bump!
For now it's almost impossible to figure the range beforehand :/

alexgv1

Have you tried estimating from the payload versus range graphs? You can get it to convert the payload as number of pax.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

gatt

Quote from: alexgv1 on November 09, 2011, 07:33:44 PM
Have you tried estimating from the payload versus range graphs? You can get it to convert the payload as number of pax.
If the your at the limit of the range it is impossible to tell by the range graphs, that gives only an estimate

alexgv1

Quote from: gatt on November 09, 2011, 08:20:21 PM
If the your at the limit of the range it is impossible to tell by the range graphs, that gives only an estimate

Yes they're not easy to read but it's all we've got to go on for the time being.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Flight2071

I agree that it could be something good. I think it need a special subroutine, but part of the job is already done, I bet...

The problem is not for your fleet planes, it is for your future planes...

I mean that if you already have one plane you can know the range thanks to "configure menu", but if you want to choose a new one you have no idea.
i.e.: I am playing in JA and I would like to know if a can reach a range of about 6000 NM with about 100/120 PAX with DC10-30 or Lockheed L-1011-500 and it is not so easy...

laukkanenmarko

Bump for this really old thread.

This would be really useful to see how much range you get on your aircraft with different configurations when you are setting up the configuration.

laukkanenmarko

I like to bump it bump it, I like to bump it bump it, I like to bump it bump it, you like to?