Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Will sami remake the seat configurator?  (Read 927 times)

CX717

• Former member
Will sami remake the seat configurator?
« on: August 05, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »
as Premium seats are required on longhual aircraft.
I found out if I use premium F/C,I have not much place left for the Y(both STANDARD and HD)

Filippo

• Former member
Re: Will sami remake the seat configurator?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
As the manual sais, the more premium seats you have, the less passengers you bring so you have less ticket income for the flight. I think that it would make sense then to include cargo on passenger planes as happens in real life as passenger planes actually also carry cargo. This would allow you to make more money and therefore cover for the seats lost because of a premium configuration.

Here is an example: Lufthansa´s A340 - 300 carries 221 people; also other airlines´ A340 carry about as much people but they all have cargo so they have as much income as if they would carry 330 people.

To answer CX717, yes, I think the configurator should be changed because I have some doubts if it is actually accurate, especially when dealing with premium or luxury seats.
An example: Singapore Airlines 773ER carries 271 people. Air France´s carries about 330 people. Though, Singapore Airlines uses luxury seats on the 773ER whilst AF uses premium seats. The configurator would say that Singapore Airlines in an all luxury config on a 773ER would carry much less people than 271.

Have to go!

Bye

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:39:20 PM »
No. It will not be changed.  Read the specs from the manual also and TRY the system first properly. And keep in mind that you can still use the ST. seat to some extent.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:46:01 PM by sami »

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »
I did try the system,I try to config the 744(even I don't have that yet)
with 12 PREMIUM F 50 PREMIUM C,and the space left can only fit 190 STANDARD Y/230 HD Y.
which made a 744 only able to carry 252/292 paxs.
Maybe the PREMIUM seats description are misleading me,which I think it is quite common equipment at 1996 standard.
at the present date,every major airlines provide flat bed both on F and C,and they can put 375 paxs on a 744 with no problem.
maybe the configurator need some fine tuning not remake?  :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 02:51:53 PM by CX717 »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:01:26 PM »
What in your mind should the 747 be able to have in that particular config? Please be aware that it's impossible to make it match real life for every aircraft type we have.

One thing that I could change is the seat sizes.. I mean how much space they take. But for now I don't see any need for the change.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.