Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is there a need for a 'very easy' game world?  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Is there a need for a 'very easy' game world?
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
How many newbies there are around waiting for more space to come up in the ATB #2 game? Would you like to have more easier world instead of the normal easy/medium level scenario?

The ATB #2 game filled up in a record time but unfortunately we cannot open another world just quite yet. But perhaps this weekend or so..

CX717

• Former member
Re: Is there a need for a 'very easy' game world?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
the current game is consider as a very easy game to me already.  ;D

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »
Yes when I joined I was only left with JA2 and bankrupted many times and spent a bunch of money before i worked it out. I think a very easy game should have a limited number of expericed players and the rest of the spaces should be for new players.

Cameron1991

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »
I'm waiting for another full world game. I really wanted to join ATB#2 but was too late. I would really like to have an easy world as a side game beside my North American Challenge game.

Lonesome_Phoenix

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »
I think what is needed is more direction on how to start your game, more like a tutorial that includes directions on how to select your location, your aircrafts, your routes...etc.

And if visual aids were included that would be perfect, like highlighting what to look for when you open the "Used Aircraft" window" for example.

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:44:00 AM »
I would like to join another whole world game starting in the late 1980s or so. I would play ATB2 and a new one at the same time. I personally simply don't like this continent limitation, although it is more challenging of course. I like this entire world thing.

Denis

Edit: From my point of view the difficulty level should be the same as with ATB2.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:57:07 AM by DenisG »

Jake43

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 06:04:46 PM »
Honestly, I would like to to just see another ATB opened up. I was on the ATB that just closed and it was my first game, and I evened joined with only 25 days left. I felt it was right at my skill level as a beginner. So please open another ATB and do it quickly!! I want to play again!

bigdogshark62

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »
The thing about a 'very easy' game world is that even for people new to Airwaysim, it would get boring pretty fast.  One of the friends I recruited to this site (into JA#2) ran a good airline in Oceana, and then there was nowhere to go from there once he reached "critical mass."  Looks like he's not coming back to the game.  So if there's a 'very easy' world, make it a short window.  Perhaps something like "You have 7 years to build the most profitable airline possible."

Just my .02.

Offline rsdworker

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:25:17 PM »
How many newbies there are around waiting for more space to come up in the ATB #2 game? Would you like to have more easier world instead of the normal easy/medium level scenario?

The ATB #2 game filled up in a record time but unfortunately we cannot open another world just quite yet. But perhaps this weekend or so..
well yeah i am new = i prefer easier world because its hard to keep airline profit

I think what is needed is more direction on how to start your game, more like a tutorial that includes directions on how to select your location, your aircrafts, your routes...etc.

And if visual aids were included that would be perfect, like highlighting what to look for when you open the "Used Aircraft" window" for example.

yeah - tutorial will be helpful - i ran in cash problems which maked my company go BK two times
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:27:22 PM by rsdworker »

Icelandair0416

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:55 PM »
I would greatly appreciate a tutorial or something to help get your airline off the ground. ATB 2 seems a lot harder, I have already bankrupted 2 times and still can't make a profit, so an easier game would also be appreciated.

Hankmann

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 07:44:34 PM »
If there was a prize for BKs, I'd be well on the way. I joined a few days before the new games started which I felt was great timing. Read alot of the forum posts esp. regards to newbs like myself. I am struggling like no ones business. I am not ashamed to say I have BK'd 4x in JA2, 3x in AB2(already), and as of yet not in the NAC, but can see it coming.

Would love a tutorial, tho they are limited in what they can do usually besides just a brief overview of how to get around the game screens.

Few posts mention patience, patience, patience. Maybe a few more "patience"s are needed.

Thinking of re-naming all my airlines to "Dazed-N-Confused Airways".

:-\

jagalubnan

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 08:04:43 PM »
I think that with the availability of demos, that there should be no need for 'very easy' games... Demos should be very easy so that players get used to the games..

Dorito_25

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »
The demos are only one continent though. For some people this make it more annoying and harder. The demo is free obviously, but there are people who are willing to pay to play in an easier game. The demo doesn't include all features as it's free...so how is that fun? It did give me the earge to play in a full game...but I already was.  :laugh:

From my experience from when I first started, which was the day games started (April 24 the day I registered) then April 25 is when I bought credits and started in JA2. I noticed the demo was full and I think ATB was full as well. JA1 wasn't but I was thinking to play the game for a bit longer. I had NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING...even though I read the manual  :-[. The manual is great, don't get me wrong. It was just me, I was like "Get the cheapest one!" (the aircraft) And they were getting me $15,000 - $20,000 a week  :-\. There are a lot of things you need to look out for...one of them is FUEL CONSUMPTION! I bought a plane that when about 4200NM...I think it was a Iylushin (is that how you spell it?). It pumped out 14,000 kilograms of fuel an hour...so that lost me money with the amount of people it provided.

To sum it up, I do think a "paying easier" game would be a NICE gesture for newbies. The step-by-step thing would probably have to go in it as well because they might go bankrupt even in a normal/easy game and in the 'easier game' so there wouldn't have been a point making it...

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »
OK, I'm beginning to see the problem. There are excellent guides for beginners posted on the forums but they may still be too general. What people playing their very first games would need would be for example guides going through pros and cons of individual aircraft. Something that is obvious to more seasoned players but very confusing for beginners. The game lets you choose basically any commercial aircraft in history, it's just that some of them will never make money in the game setting where the aircraft sort of has to pay for its upkeep and actually turn a profit without government subsidies etc.

Offline Tim

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 06:03:32 AM »
I think that ATB is easy game and newbies don't need something more easier! But I want to join new ATB because I late for few days and now it's full(((

kevinmh

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 02:40:11 PM »
Maybe the 'very easy' game world just lasts for about 7 years of game time (half of the regular games) and cost 5 credits only (also half of the regular games), so that newbies can familiarize the fully featured game more conveniently.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »
From my point of view it is impossible to make any detailed tutorials as every game is different and every airport is different and so on. And setting up a separate tutorial world is not feasible.. But kevin's idea above may be good?

bigdogshark62

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 06:12:41 PM »
Yep.  Seven (7) years, 5 credits, get stuff started and learn the system.  Then move on to the more advanced long-term sims. 

Good plan.   ;)

Offline rsdworker

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 01:01:42 AM »
great idea kevin - its will help newbies like me - big thank you

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.