Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: DHC8 questions  (Read 660 times)

Razor2

• Former member
DHC8 questions
« on: August 02, 2009, 09:56:10 AM »
Why is the Q400 and the DHC8 not in the same fleetgroup? It has more in common than some other aircraft which are considered the same.

Dorito_25

• Former member
Re: DHC8 questions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:32:25 AM »
I think they're made by different manufacturers. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone... ::)

Razor2

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 10:39:04 AM »
They have more common parts than some 757-200 and 757-300s. Same procedures, same type rating, the Q400 was essentially designed by DHC as the DHC8-400, but DHC was bought by Boeing and later by Bombardier. If I'm not mistaken some were even sold with DHC8 designation.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 02:21:52 PM »
This has been discussed before and is a bit of an tricky issue..

Maintenancewise they would be the same, to some extent. But the fleet groups also govern scheduling and having the slow DHC8 "old-gen" and fast DHC8-Q400 in the same group cannot work because the new model is so much faster. As all routes are made to a fleet group and the "scheduled speeds" for those planes must be the same, and that clearly isn't with those models.

So it's been a choice between two systems.. And so far I haven't seen it necessary to introduce a second grouping to the planes to handle this, as there are only these 1-2 exceptions.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.