Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why the Airwaysim is not free?  (Read 1530 times)

JShepard

• Former member
Why the Airwaysim is not free?
« on: August 01, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »
Why this game is not free? Other internet games are and this is. I want play this, but i can't get credits.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Why the Airwaysim is not free?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:02:00 PM »

Due to the complexity of the system and number of features offered, and also due to the >3 years it has taken to build this, the answer is very simple. And you will understand it too when you have played AWS.  ;)

Plus the cost is extremely affordable. Buy a cone of ice cream or one pint of beer and that equals 3 months playing of AirwaySim...

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »
Just a hint: Ever thought about that if people put a full-time effort of over a year into a project and work day and night to make it work, they may deserve to have the costs covered as well as a benefit for their dedication and result? Compared to other online airline management games, I can only comment that quality comes with a price tag.

Denis

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 08:36:35 PM »
Capitalism.  Did your government pay Sami et al?

yyebo

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 07:01:37 AM »
most "free" online games have other source of income, i.e. advertisement; selling special items/equipments for a price; etc.

Consider the effort Sami and his team put in, as well as the only once off a few dollars for about 90 days...You should not consider it is expensive.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 08:57:26 AM »
You can go and try those "sandbox-like" airlines sim. :P
buy gate,start route,buy plane,No checks need,plane fly 24 hours a day,adjust price at every last minutes in every turn to get better LF.
You can also fly from New York to middle of no where,and still made profit.Airlines own 600 777.etc.
But I'm tired of it,Airwaysim bring you a realistics game that no other sim can match.It worth every penny.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »
Why this game is not free? Other internet games are and this is. I want play this, but i can't get credits.

Sami is running a business not a welfare agency. Why cant you get credits?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 02:19:09 PM »
Oh yes, for the starter of the thread. You seem to be living in Finland (terve..). So you do not need a credit card to get the Credits, you can use the direct bank transfer option in Finland to make the small payment. (not so fast as a credit card but if that's the only option..)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.