Schedule of next game worlds

Started by Sami, July 28, 2009, 04:59:26 PM

Sami

As you can read from our previous announcements we have been working on updates and improvements to our system for the past months. Now the version 1.1 of AirwaySim game engine is nearing completion and is already being tested on our servers.

The update will consists of a completely new aircraft ordering system that is more realistic and also more flexible to the user than before. The loans system has been also updated a bit and changes have been made elsewhere in the aircraft functions and features too. You can read the full list of updates from our forum (see link below).

This updated game engine will be briefly tested before it will be put to action. At this time we estimate that the next game worlds will begin on this Friday (31-Jul) evening (European time).

The planned game worlds will be:

* World similar to current Air Travel Boom game world. Skill level: Easy.

* 1-2 game worlds with a single continent only (North America or Europe only). Skill level: Hard.

* Demo game with limited features.

>> AirwaySim v.1.1 updates thread

masoniclight

Very cool Sami!

how about those hard worlds we could have:

1) North America- as stated
2) Europe- as stated
3) one or two of the harder continents like Africa and/or South America

and what about time line?

I still am hoping to see a very early age of flight 1945-1960 perhaps?
just curious.

Thanks again Sami! Keep up the great work.

lospaziale

Hi Sami,
           what about one game including Europe and all the mediterranean area like north Africa and Middle East?
And the time line could be starting in the 80s up to 2000

rsdworker

sounds nice - i am in line to get in to start own new airline

Sami - which years would be used in game world?  :)
cheers

ekaneti

So does this mean for a brief period we will have 5 games running?

The two Jet Age Games (That will end in Aug)and the ones you mentioned?

d2031k

Is there any idea of what hour things might kick off tomorrow?  I'd hate to miss the start.

I'm working until 8pm (UK time) so I'm wondering if I need to drive faster on the way home  ;)

Sami

As said there already, in the evening EU time. No exact time in hours/minutes, don't know that myself either... And you do got 24hrs time before the game clock starts ticking.

d2031k

Cheers :)  I'll stick to the speed limit on the way home then

Yb

swiftus27

DenisG

Quote from: d2031k on July 30, 2009, 06:15:14 PM
Is there any idea of what hour things might kick off tomorrow?  I'd hate to miss the start.

I'm working until 8pm (UK time) so I'm wondering if I need to drive faster on the way home  ;)

Yeah guys! Countdown is running now. Check your bandwidth, your electricity supply, coffee storage, and not to mention your keyboard and mouse batteries... How long have we waited for this wonderful day... Thanks so much Sami!

Denis

Dorito_25

Ahaha. That's relevent to me...my keyboard is playing up.  :laugh:

Since there is no time...I guess I need to wake up early and wait. That's ok...it will be Friday Night/Saturday Morning  ;)

tacsniper

So these new games will be using AWS 1.1? If so, I can't wait to try this out!

Sami

Also to note - the short testing of v.1.1 features has gone thru without major problems and seems we are go for launch ... Later this evening.

Dorito_25

Awesome!! So excited!! Can't wait!!
*Also a plus is that my mum has gone to Melbourne for the weekend...I'm on the computer for as long as I like  :laugh: That's if my brother isn't a control freak*  ;) :laugh:

swiftus27

Still wanting to know what eras the games are going to be in...

Dorito_25

One will be similar to ATB as mentioned before. But it is unknown about the others. Don't worry, the games should start in more than 4 hours time...I'm guessing.

Filippo

Oh no!, I´m on a summercamp! I don´t have much time to dedicate to the computer!

Could the start be delayed until all current games end?

That would be great, thanks!

DenisG

LOL Filippo, I think we do not even need to vote on your proposal... There is so much desperation in the air now, there is a good chance of bloodshed if that were put up for voting...  ;D

Denis

DenisG

But a general question:

If the new world opens today and the clock starts 24h later, will we be able to make all arrangements already tonight (routes, a/c)? I would like to know when I should reserve a few hours for this. Thanks.

Denis