Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Dallas Love Field (KDAL)  (Read 674 times)

bigdogshark62

• Former member
Dallas Love Field (KDAL)
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:01:21 PM »
Just wondering, in future games, will Dallas-Love Field (KDAL) have the Wright Amendment boundaries?  Or is that even possible to program into things?  Because in real life (starting in 1979), and at least for a little while longer (through 2014), airlines operating out of Love Field can only fly to states that border Texas (with the exceptions of Missouri, Alabama, Mississippi, and Kansas).  Airlines wanting to fly elsewhere and having more than 56 seats have to use DFW. 

(I guess this could be adjusted by making the demand 0 for all areas outside the Wright Amendment limits.)

Here's the relevant info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_amendment

As noted, even though the law has been conditionally repealed, Love Field will not completely open up to nationwide flights until 2014.  Everything else until then has to be one stop and connecting flights (which aren't modeled in this sim yet). 

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Dallas Love Field (KDAL)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 04:46:16 PM »
Just wondering, in future games, will Dallas-Love Field (KDAL) have the Wright Amendment boundaries? Or is that even possible to program into things?

No. (or not really useful to start customizing single airports like that in the source code)

bigdogshark62

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »
I had a feeling that was the case, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks Sami!

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »
My former airline was very happy without these restrictions.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.