Favourite Worldwide alliance

Started by toyotaboy95, June 13, 2009, 07:12:53 AM

Tujue

Quote from: Ilyushin on July 04, 2011, 08:04:47 AMSkyTeam of course :)
yes, the skyteam livery is far better then the other two, but in terms of service and IFE (on short haul flights), *A is way better ;)
Tujue Airways (🇦🇿 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇷 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇲 Tujue Howa Ýollary / 🇺🇿 Tujue Havo Yoʻllari / 🇰🇿 Tujue Äwe Joldarı / 🇰🇬 Tujue Aba Joldoru)

andriy_s

I was a bit amazed that people ranked alliances in terms of their livery... Is that really what you expect from an alliance - a nice logo on the plane/brochure? ;D

From a consumer point of view though, I think Star Alliance is by far the best - no whitespots in geographic coverage, you get very nice privileges once Silver/Gold status, they are generous with miles earning, you can pay with miles both fare and taxes so you do get indeed a "free" ticket. With all that, I geniunely do not care if Sky Team or One World have better graphics, etc...

slither360

Quote from: Andriy on July 04, 2011, 07:36:17 PM
I was a bit amazed that people ranked alliances in terms of their livery... Is that really what you expect from an alliance - a nice logo on the plane/brochure? ;D

From a consumer point of view though, I think Star Alliance is by far the best - no whitespots in geographic coverage, you get very nice privileges once Silver/Gold status, they are generous with miles earning, you can pay with miles both fare and taxes so you do get indeed a "free" ticket. With all that, I geniunely do not care if Sky Team or One World have better graphics, etc...

Firstly, OneWorld's livery is awful. It is by far the worst alliance livery.

Star Alliance has a few whitespots - Australia domestic and India domestic come to mind...

flightsimer

Quote from: Dan380 on June 13, 2009, 12:29:20 PM
Fair points, Star Alliance does seem willing to accept anything that flies, but they have managed to get many of the worlds best airlines on board with them.
FYI, NWA weren't a sky team member before the merger, and Air France-KLM are one airline, so that point is fairly redundant.

My choice would be skyteam.... because they have the best livery! (I know, very shallow!)  :laugh:

Star Alliance livery:  :-\
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6310846

OneWorld livery:  :'(
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6578379&nseq=4

SkyTeam livery:  8)
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6577900&nseq=3

lol the same reason for me

slither360

Quote from: Dan380 on June 13, 2009, 12:29:20 PM
FYI, NWA weren't a sky team member before the merger, and Air France-KLM are one airline, so that point is fairly redundant.

NWA joined SkyTeam with KLM back in '04

Dave4468

Quote from: Andriy on July 04, 2011, 07:36:17 PM

You think that's bad? You've clearly never been involved in trainspotting. Colour, sound, even the colour of the exhaust gases are how trains are ranked...  :-\

ICEcoldair881

Quote from: BobTheCactus on July 04, 2011, 07:45:53 PM
Star Alliance has a few whitespots - Australia domestic and India domestic come to mind...

Incorrect and incorrect come July 31st.

Australia domestic - Tiger Airways Australia is an affiliate member (the Tiger Airways franchise is owned by Singapore Airlines, a full member of Star Alliance since 2000 which means travellers reap the benefits on Tiger Airways Australia as they do on any other Star Alliance flight), and Virgin Australia is also looking at a possibly membership with Star Alliance. Also, Air New Zealand is a full member of Star Alliance and flies some routes in Australia.

India domestic - Air India and it's subsidiaries will become full members of Star Alliance come the end of this month, and the airline is already codesharing with 7 Star Alliance airlines. Also, Jet Airways is set to join when the deal comes together (unknown as to when at this point).

Star Alliance all the way!  8)

Cheers,
ICEcold

slither360

Quote from: ICEcold on July 06, 2011, 05:55:30 AM
Incorrect and incorrect come July 31st.

Australia domestic - Tiger Airways Australia is an affiliate member (the Tiger Airways franchise is owned by Singapore Airlines, a full member of Star Alliance since 2000 which means travellers reap the benefits on Tiger Airways Australia as they do on any other Star Alliance flight), and Virgin Australia is also looking at a possibly membership with Star Alliance. Also, Air New Zealand is a full member of Star Alliance and flies some routes in Australia.

India domestic - Air India and it's subsidiaries will become full members of Star Alliance come the end of this month, and the airline is already codesharing with 7 Star Alliance airlines. Also, Jet Airways is set to join when the deal comes together (unknown as to when at this point).

Star Alliance all the way!  8)

Cheers,
ICEcold

Tiger Airways is grounded in Australia right now, so there is very little *A service.

And I know a lot of senior officials at AI (I am Indian after all), and everyone is saying that they won't be able to get their IT systems in place before July 31, which would cause the cancellation of the invitation from Star Alliance. I've heard that if AI doesn't get in, *A will go after 6E and 9W, but for now, that doesn't help.

ICEcoldair881

Hmm, didn't know they were grounded. Wonder what they did. :o And I REALLY hope Air India gets everything in place by July 31st, I want to see them in Star Alliance. :D JAI has already been given the invitation to join, but I'm not sure about IGO.. Also, apparently since the departure of Shanghai Airlines from Star Alliance, Air China has been pressing Shenzhen Airlines to join as a replacement, and it seems they've succeeded (seeing as they are the parent company anyway).

Cheers,
ICEcold

slither360

Quote from: ICEcold on July 06, 2011, 07:11:11 PM
Hmm, didn't know they were grounded. Wonder what they did.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/aviation/245123/unsafe-tiger-airways-grounded

They've had numerous safety issues in the past, and this incident (http://www.avherald.com/h?article=43f05054&opt=0) probably prompted the grounding.
Quote from: ICEcold on July 06, 2011, 07:11:11 PMAnd I REALLY hope Air India gets everything in place by July 31st, I want to see them in Star Alliance. :D
I do too, but I don't think it is likely :/
Quote from: ICEcold on July 06, 2011, 07:11:11 PMJAI has already been given the invitation to join, but I'm not sure about IGO..
9W has not been given an invite yet, because of a condition set by the government of India - the only reason that AI was admitted in the first place is because *A members got slots, and they don't want to lose the slots now, so they will abide by the agreement. 9W and 6E will only be invited after the deadline passes, and it usually takes 6 months to a year for an airline to get their systems ready to join.
Quote from: ICEcold on July 06, 2011, 07:11:11 PMAlso, apparently since the departure of Shanghai Airlines from Star Alliance, Air China has been pressing Shenzhen Airlines to join as a replacement, and it seems they've succeeded (seeing as they are the parent company anyway).

Shenzhen looks like a nice enough airline from the pictures, but according to vitongwangki, they are probably photoshopped  :P

ICEcoldair881

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that it was given an physical invitation, more like an invitation to be invited. :P

-ICEcold