AirwaySim v.1.3 news, previews & info
<< < (14/29) > >>
Some previews of work in progress.
In future there can be several technical stopovers during a flight, not just one. This is a rather major change technically and requires large updates to the system, but this update allows us to better run early 1950s and 1960s scenarios when aircraft range was limited.
Together with this update (no ETA yet), some aspects of the interface will change. All routes with technical stopovers will be shown simply with "departure - destination" and the "via / stopover at" will be a secondary level information (as we may have up to three refuelling stopovers).
Here is an example of route information screen, with a route from EFHK to LFPG, with a fuelling stop at EGPM only on the outbound flight. Notice that the techstop leg distance and timing information is under the new "Routing" title. This "Routing" line is not visible if the route does not have refuelling stops.
New feature, 'airline timetable view' on Airline Information page:
* Under 'route timetables' tab.
* Shows a timetable-like listing of ALL routes of the airline in question. Ordered alphabetically by destination name, and flights to destination ordered by departure time. Similar in view than airport's "List destinations and airlines" view.
* Includes also direct links to route and aircraft view, if viewed by own airline.
* Just a simple listing page of all routes. A static page with no separate sorting / searching available. (may be done later, but low priority)
* This update will be available after the technical stopovers update, mentioned in previous post, is done.
* Added a year quick selection drop box to 'aircraft production lists' page, for quicker way to change between pages/years.
* Added a new filter to used aircraft search page: Any aircraft type common to my current fleet. By checking this the system shows only the planes matching the fleet groups currently in your operation, ownership or on order. Please note that if you select both this checkbox and a fleet group from the dropdown list, you may not get any results as they do not exclude eachothers (the search parameter is "AND").
Browser cache clearing, or used market's full page reload (CTRL+F5) may be necessary for this function to work, depending on your browser's caching settings.
* Added also a small line letting you know the number of results returned by the used aircraft search, in case some filters were used.
* Charting application updated, and all in-game graphs and charts are now fully HTML5 compatible. Primary method of rendering is still Flash, as it looks nicer and mouseover data is smoother, but the system has automated fallback to HTML5 charts on every chart now (happens in case no Flash player is detected). Chart visual look is also nearly identical now on both Flash and HTML5 based charts so user experience is nearly identical now independent of browser or add-ons.
In other words the charts are now visible and working on all mobile platforms too (including the route demand charts on iProducts). If you encounter any issues please submit a bug report. Browser cache clearing may be necessary for this function to work, depending on your browser's caching settings.
==> Flash is no longer a site requirement for full operation.
* At the same time we're announcing the complete drop of support to IE6 browser. The site will no longer be tested with this browser version and any guarantee of functionality will not be made for users using the outdated browser software.
(this feature is LIVE and available in current games)
* New feature, aircraft purchase pre-payment amount may be set by the player.
The amount ranges between 20% to 100% of aircraft's price to be paid upon order confirmation. Rest is paid upon delivery. Previously this was fixed at 40% on order and 60% on delivery, but can be now chosen.
The higher % you pay upon order the higher discount you will get. Additional discount varies between 0% to 6%.
Downpayment amount may be changed normally after the order is done, according to the normal order editing rules. However a substantial penalty due to refinancing costs is present if you decrease the downpayment (= request money back from manufacturer before delivery).
Up one level