Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand Problems  (Read 640 times)

• Former member
Demand Problems
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »
I got up this morning and checked my routes only to find that the uncontested, under-served routes that had been 80-90% full were now suddenly, for the last week and a half, only filling up 20-30%. For one route, I raised prices 2% before I went to bed, but the other route was unchanged. My marketing campaigns have also not changed.

Basically, nothing has changed. I don't have staff problems, delays/cancellations are low and have not increased... company image is flat, and route image is growing slowly.

Why am I now on the fast track to bankruptcy because almost nobody is flying my routes? It's not like they're getting on another airline at these airports. I'm the only company running flights out of them.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Demand Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:18:54 PM »
hmm.. Try lowering the prices companywide 5% ..?  If that's the same-ol' bug again. :-[

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:22:14 PM »
Done. I'll see what happens in a week.

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 01:36:24 PM »
Just so you know, it shot up to 100% full after the current day rollover. I'll see if I can make money with prices cut so much... preliminary math says no.

What's weird is that this affected only the two routes that I was running with my Piper Cheyennes. My Embraer route was fine, but it hadn't been open as long as the other 2.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.