Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Routes To Fly Out Of Love Field  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
Routes To Fly Out Of Love Field
« on: May 31, 2009, 02:14:40 AM »
Hello everyone! I seem to be having a little dillema at Love Field since I have used up most of the routes I know from there. Now I need help from airline's who were based there in former games to help me out and give me some ideas for destinations. I think I have established myself on most routes, but I have more planes arriving in the coming years so I need to figure out where to fly them. All help is appreciated! Thanks!

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Routes To Fly Out Of Love Field
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 02:31:08 AM »
Well, I'm in another game, and can't see your route map, but have you considered flying to other destinations from your destinations.  This is something that Southwest (IRL) does out of all its destinations but especially out of Love in real life due to legal restrictions on its flights out of Texas from Love.  So instead of flying Phoenix and back, fly to Phoenix and then any countless destinations from there, then back to Love.  Then you create a route that goes in reverse with a different plane to pick up the people going the other way along that route.  That way you end up with a series of triangular routes all over the country.

Or you can do a strategy of picking a nearby large airport (say, IAH) and flying your planes to there in the early morning (when you have lots of slots available before 5am), then fly out of IAH to long-distance routes, then back to Love late at night.  Your plane flies largely empty between Love and IAH (after you put a couple dozen planes flying there there's more planes than people) but you fly profit-laden longer-range flights out of your "hub" to keep that plane moving all day without returning back to your Home until as late as possible (since it flies empty on that DAL-IAH leg you don't want to do that more than once a day if you can help it).

toyotaboy95

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 03:42:51 AM »
^ exactly. make good use of the fifth freedom routes ;D (well at least until hubs arrive)

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »
Sounds great! I will have to start rescheduling routes now to include second stops! Thanks for the help! By the way, does anyone know when hubs will arrive?

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »
Would I have to cancel routes to the airport I would want to establish a "hub" and then reschedule them to secondary destinations?

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »
Would I have to cancel routes to the airport I would want to establish a "hub" and then reschedule them to secondary destinations?

You can't add a second destination to an existing route, if that's what you are asking. I wish you could, though, that would be a nice feature.

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »
You can't add a second destination to an existing route, if that's what you are asking. I wish you could, though, that would be a nice feature.
That would be a nice feature.

So, say I wanted to establish a hub at Los Angeles. Would I have to cancel existing flights there and then add a second destination, or would I be able to wait until I get new planes and then establish new routes with those new planes. So I would have the old routes with no second destination and new routes with second destination. What if there isn't enough demand? Would I still make a profit?

(Sorry everyone! This is all new to me!)

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
Let's say you are based in Dallas and want to establish a second hub at Los Angeles. You currently have planes flying Dallas-Phoenix-Dallas, Dallas-Minneapolis-Dallas, Dallas-Los Angeles-Dallas, etc.

If you want to fly to the same destination, for example Minneapolis, from both Dallas and Los Angeles with the same plane type, you can cancel the Dallas-Minneapolis-Dallas flight and schedule a new Dallas-Minneapolis-Los Angeles-Minneapolis-Dallas flight. Then you effectively have one Dallas-Minneapolis-Dallas flight and one Minneapolis-LA-Minneapolis flight.

If you want to fly from LA to a destination you don't want to serve from Dallas, or for another reason don't want to do as in the previous example, you can open a route like Dallas-LA-Seattle-LA-Dallas. The problem with these kind of routes is that you will quickly be offering lots of seats on the Dallas-LA leg and that may no longer remain profitable for you. The Dallas-LA is just for moving the aircraft from your primary hub to the secondary hub and you have to make sure you are covering all the costs with the second leg route.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:54:20 PM by Kontio »

Offline Icelandair0416

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 11:07:31 PM »
Now I get it! Thank you so much for the help! I will have to start ordering lots of new planes. Thanks for the help everyone!

toyotaboy95

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 08:04:51 AM »
^ but then due to no connecting traffic in this game (yet), you have to see if there is sufficient demand from A-B. Otherwise, you'll have to deeply discount seats on A-B or run that route at a loss while B-C earns a profit.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.