Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lease with Option to Buy  (Read 857 times)

juanchopancho

• Former member
Lease with Option to Buy
« on: May 30, 2009, 01:03:32 PM »
I would like to know when I lease an aircraft if I have the option to buy it. This should be indicated in the lease agreement.

Right now the only way you know is if you lease the aircraft and wait for delivery, that's the only way you can tell if the buy option is available.

Kontio

• Former member
Re: Lease with Option to Buy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »
I think you always have the option to buy if leasing from a leasing company instead of from another player.

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »
So the buy option is never available from inter airline leases?

If that is the case then can I have an official list of the names for all the leasing companies?

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 01:15:35 PM »
Nevermind, damn these noob mistakes cost millions...

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:11:23 AM »
Ok now that I have an aircraft for sale I see that airlines can offer leases with the option to buy.

This needs to be indicated in the lease agreements. If an airline signs a lease they should know before delivery if they will have the option to buy.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 10:19:09 AM »
Ok now that I have an aircraft for sale I see that airlines can offer leases with the option to buy.

This needs to be indicated in the lease agreements. If an airline signs a lease they should know before delivery if they will have the option to buy.

If you buy from a non-player aircraft broker you should always have the option to extend the lease or buy the aircraft. Here is a list of the brokers, as far as I can tell (did I list an airline, did I miss one?):

Wings International
TAF Aviation Management
International Aircraft Sales Inc.
Eagle Aircraft Inc.
Allied Aircraft Investment Group
United Aircraft Brokers
Smith & Weston Aircraft Broker
NBU Aviation
Mile High Aviation

These are not that hard to figure out as they are selling various types of aircraft all the time, always give you the option to lease or buy, and always price the aircraft with not so round numbers.

When leasing from a player airline, you can see in the listing whether there is the option to buy, lease, or both (those little icons in the rightmost column). However, the lessor has the option to disallow lease extension at any time during the lease term. Therefore you are not guaranteed a lease extension and you should definitely not have a guaranteed option to buy during the lease term. If what you are looking for is an option to lease with a guaranteed option to buy, we need a new feature for the player airlines or you should just stick to aircraft brokers.

Toivoja

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 01:55:41 AM »
Lease with option to buy would be nice enhanchment to this game.

I propose it should be done like this:
Airline A leases a 720 from Airline B for 1 year contract.
Airline A wants to buy that plane so he/she presses a button on aircraft page and enters the ammount he/she will give for that aircraft.
Airline B Receives a message that Airline A wants to byu that certain 720 and will see what price is offered and what is the planes current value. Now he/she decides if he/she wants to sell that plane and if the ammount of money that Airline A is willing to pay satisfies, he/she will accept the sale. If he/she doesn't want to sell just press decline and if he/she wants a different ammount of money, just press another value button and enter the wanted ammount of money(this has to be accepted by Airline A of course).
When both airlines have reached a conclusion about the price, plane will then move to Airline A and Money will move to Airline B.

There should also have some restrictions like you can't offer or demand more than a certain percentage above the airplanes current value, for example 25%.

islandhopper

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 11:48:01 AM »
I've done it many times just pm the Airline CEO who you are leasing the aircraft from and ask them to sell it to you -easy.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.