Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Something's wrong with my money!!  (Read 917 times)

trent_768

• Former member
Something's wrong with my money!!
« on: May 28, 2009, 03:40:23 PM »
Hi there!!

I don't know if it is normal or not, but there's something weird with my money. 21 game days ago, i leased a used 734. I still have 500K left in my account. The next day my 732 was having C-check for about 900K, so i've gone red about -400K. On the 19th day, it was reduced by half and i have an income of -200K. But on the 18th day, i have -600K in my account :o. That things just keep happening every game day [got 200k today and my money doubled on the next day (red! :()]. The worst was on 16 game days ago, when i have -1,5 million. Now, things are getting a little bit better (my money are -869k). Can someone give me some explanation about this??

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Something's wrong with my money!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 03:50:05 PM »
There's nothing wrong in that. Some items are paid out only once a week, not every day (like insurances or staff wages).

The cash flows should not be managed on daily basis, you have to see the income sheet and it's monthly/weekly status.

trent_768

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:05:42 PM »
Well,now i know what happened then! :laugh:
I was confused because it was happened every game day! Because today,2 game day after i made the first post,i have -1,5 million!

trent_768

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
Oh,i have another thing to ask. (Sorry if it is OOT)
I have CGK-HKG-PVG and CGK-HAN-PVG, but on the Airport destination list my airline name wasn't on the 'Shanghai-Pudong' section.

Shanghai Pudong   ZSPD / PVG
1234567      ???085      0500      1220      B734      ???   ??? Alliance      
1------     ???021     0700     1400     A333     ???
(Taken from CGK list of destination)

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
Oh,i have another thing to ask. (Sorry if it is OOT)
I have CGK-HKG-PVG and CGK-HAN-PVG, but on the Airport destination list my airline name wasn't on the 'Shanghai-Pudong' section.

Shanghai Pudong   ZSPD / PVG
1234567      ???085      0500      1220      B734      ???   ??? Alliance      
1------     ???021     0700     1400     A333     ???
(Taken from CGK list of destination)

With CGK-HKG-PVG routing you are transporting passengers CGK-HKG and HKG-PVG. The game basically handles them as two separate flights. No passengers travel CGK-PVG. If you want to accomplish that, you have to have a direct flight or make HKG a technical stop, where no passengers board or deboard.

trent_768

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 07:07:36 AM »
Sorry to ask something again! :laugh:

But i don't understand why my money still in red after 2 real world day while my income (in my opinion :laugh:) is not to bad!

Or is it bad??
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:10:46 AM by trent_768 »

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 07:47:52 AM »
The weekly profits do not take fleet commonality costs into account. You have to deduct them youself to find out if you are really making money.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 07:59:39 AM »
Those figures on that screen don't take ANY overhead into account...

So any labor costs outside of Pilots/FA is also not in there.  Nor are Loan Payments/Interest, Taxes, etc.  In addition to the big fixed maintenance costs that Kontio mentioned.

The "Profits" on that Aircraft screen are simply your GROSS profits.  Not your NET Profits.  You can very easily make a gross profit and still actually be losing money.

Gross Profit is simply how much it cost to fly THAT flight versus how much ticket revenue you sold for THAT flight.  It doesn't factor in the people you have at headquarters you have to pay.  Or the people you have at the gates at the airports that flight departed from.  Or any fixed maintenance costs for your fleet.  Or any training costs for any of your staff.  Etc, Etc, Etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 08:04:23 AM by Sigma »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.