Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Spike in demand  (Read 660 times)

djo

• Former member
Spike in demand
« on: May 24, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »
I was preparing for some real competition on the Salt Lake-Atlanta route in JA 2: demand of approx 200 and 2 airlines in place.

Now that i'm flying the route, demand seems to have grown to almost 1000 a day :o

And even now, everytime I hit refresh it jumps from 930 to 1050 and back.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Cheers

Daan

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Spike in demand
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »
You sure it was just about 200/day and you're not mixing it up with some other route?  That's a pretty big route.  I'd be more surprised if it was just ~200 than I would be if the demand was ~1000.

It's showing about 1000/day in JA1 and has been a big route the whole game.  And both games use the same demand tables.

As for the variance -- that's normal.  If you look at the bottom right of that graph you will notice an "Estimated Accuracy" figure.  If your Route Planners are poorly paid of understaffed, that figure goes down and they suck at forecasting demand.

djo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »
It's hard to check. But i was really expecting some fierce competition over this route. Perhaps one of the comp. has dropped it's capacity drastically the past days. Good to know JA1 reports the same.

Thanks for the reply!

djo

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »
Seems like Atlantic Wolves, atlanta's largest carrier, went bankrupt or decided to start over.

Explains the surprise.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.