Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: DFW Airport  (Read 570 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
DFW Airport
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:18:04 AM »
I know when DFW opened in 1974 it only had two runways, thus 27 ops /hr would make sense. But when did DFW go to 4 then 6 runways? I think that DFW should ahve more than 27 ops per hour by the late 1970s

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: DFW Airport
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 05:32:47 AM »
KDFW is a major problem in the game with the capacities as is.  In reality it's one of the busiest airports on the planet and has, I believe, THE highest capacity (though it's not all used).  It should be about 5 TIMES what it is in the game as its capable of over 250 movements (125 "slots" as defined in the game) per hour, a truly massive number that few major airports even come remotely close (80-120 movements is common, in excess of 150 is rare, and DFW sits at 250)

I've already sent Sami a list of all major US airports and the PROPER capacity for them as deemed by the FAA.  For most major US airports they're off by a factor of 2, but that's because Sami's using generic data.  He's going to update for the next game.

It's unlikely we'll ever see a game where ever change in every airport is taken into account though.  So you won't see slots suddenly change due to an expansion.  Right now they're based off a modern figure (I believe Sami was using 2002 data for most things, the FAA capacities I sent him were from 2004) and they're adjusted on a straight line from there.  So they increase as time goes on, but only modestly.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 05:34:53 AM by Sigma »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.