Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Flag aircraft  (Read 965 times)

Kontio

• Former member
[-] Flag aircraft
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:00:53 PM »
I just leased an aircraft that is going into D check after the lease term. I was thinking how I am going to remember not to renew the lease. It would be a handy feature to be able to flag aircraft like we can flag routes. A little star would be shown next to the aircraft registration so that the player could easily notice the aircraft when it comes up on various screens.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 01:32:18 PM by sami »

Jps

• Former member
Re: Flag aircraft
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 09:45:27 PM »
Can't you already now  change the airplane not to have its lease renewed? Go to My aircraft -> desired aircraft, and sitch the 'Lease will be automatically renewed' to 'Lease will not be automatically renewed'?

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:07:12 AM »
Can't you already now  change the airplane not to have its lease renewed? Go to My aircraft -> desired aircraft, and sitch the 'Lease will be automatically renewed' to 'Lease will not be automatically renewed'?

I don't use auto-renewal of leases. The issue here is how am I going to remember not to renew this particular plane's lease when I am reminded that the lease term is ending and the plane comes up on the Aircraft screen. I don't always check every detail of every plane, I may just let this slip and end up doing a D check on a plane I don't own. I know I should check, but I'm absent minded and lazy so why not let the game remind me that this aircraft is special?

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »
Another situation where this feature would be useful is when replacing old planes with new ones. You could flag those old planes whose lease is about to end and that are going into D checks, and easily see which planes' schedules to clear in Scheduling.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
I was wondering if this had been given any more thought?

It would be very helpful especially now with multiple bases.  Big fleets are awkward even with one hub and again in MT#2 I'm finding it increasingly hard to remember when D-checks are coming up.

Aside from that v1.2 is shaping up very well and I'm enjoying the new dynamics involved.

Cheers,

Dave

Dookz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »
This idea would be helpful for other reason too, not just D-checks. Atm, assigning a unique number or letter in front of the registration is the only way for me to "Tag" airplanes and remembering what those mean.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »
then you need to be able to untag planes.

You will just end up spending a lot of time tagging-detagging... almost the same amount of time it would take to look at the My Aircraft screen 2x per day.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »
since the sorting of planes vs. routes is different (planes are in fleet groups) how should flagged planes be sorted in the list?  First of each fleet group or first of the page in their own box?

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
since the sorting of planes vs. routes is different (planes are in fleet groups) how should flagged planes be sorted in the list?  First of each fleet group or first of the page in their own box?

I think a box of their own would be better, so they are all together :)  A bit like the 'Best and Worst Profit Makers' box perhaps?

Online Tim

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:25:52 PM »
+1 I think, something like icon/button/link (it should be changed dynamically on click like we have it now on a/c info page - ie click to change) should be added to financial view on My Aircraft page.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
If introduced, could this ability to flag aircraft be allowed on the scheduling view too.  With a large fleet and slowly introducing the 7-day scheduling method, I have to keep flicking about through different pages to schedule and reschedule.  I would be much easier to flag say 7 or 14 specific aircraft and just work with these.

I already try and seperate my aircraft using registration differences, but it doesn't filter them enough.

Cheers,

Dave :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:13:11 PM by Daveos »

ban2

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 02:47:10 AM »
i'm not sure i want another box of airplanes in my aircraft  :(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:58:42 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.