Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Note: Changes to aircraft order queue  (Read 625 times)

captain1

• Former member
Re: Note: Changes to aircraft order queue
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:48:31 PM »
Sami,
Just curious, I had ordered some a330 about a year ago game time and was given a estimated delivery of 2003. Now these orders are pushed back to 2006. The strange thing is if I place a new order for the same thing the delivery date is 2004. Is there some sort of bug in the system, I shouldn't be able to cut in front of my own order, makes me wonder if this is why my order is pushed back 3 years. I can understand a fluctuation of a few months but three years is ridiculous and can severely affect a business plan. The thing that irks me about this was I took out some short term leases to bridge the gap between deliveries and now everything has changed by 2-3 years.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 04:26:30 PM »
It seems that there was still one gap left where your order was placed. Your orders are the couple of the very last ones on the queue, there are currently 854 aircraft ahead of you. With a rate of 10/month (max for this size planes) it takes about 7 years to reach that part of the queue which sounds pretty much where it is at the moment. But the dates to live a bit and probably you will receive them earlier still depending on the other players. Do you wish me to extend the leases (you can do that too), or to cancel the order perhaps (with money refund back to the airline)?

I agree that the wait is a long one and I am hoping to finish the better order system with the deliveries not stacked to one airline in a row.

rickda

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 06:08:06 PM »
Sami

I understand the reasons to correct the order system. However, please will you confirm that if an airline goes bankrupt or cancels their order then all below them in the queue will move up so that another airline cannot fil the gap?

Rickda

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
yes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.