Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Note: DC-10 order queue rearranged  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Note: DC-10 order queue rearranged
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:08:28 PM »
Due to a (known) bug in the system players were able to order a bit too many DC-10's with nearly imminent delivery (<5 months). The order queue has been rearranged to it's normal status so your DC-10 order may have been moved some months or years forward or back.

The issue is basically when someone cancels the order from the middle of the order queue and the system does not move the other order dates correctly to fill this gap. Then another player can make a new order and get in the middle of the queue. That's not a big deal but for some reason the bug this time allowed MANY airlines to get into this same slot with identical delivery dates (ie. 5 planes delivered from DC-10 line on the very same day!). With DC-10 this caused at least 200 extra planes to be ordered with delivery too early compared to other orders.

The queue movement upon order cancellation is a known issue and we haven't fixed this as the new order system is already so close. But in this case we made an exception as the bug behaved in much worse way than before (usually just one airline/order has been able to be placed to the open slot, now 10+ orders went there for some reason). Normally this is not done but like mentioned this concerned so many aircraft that it was getting unfair to others.

So if you're wondering why the delivery dates have moved a bit..

If you wish to cancel your DC-10 order, PM me with the airline ID and order ID (see the order cancellation link from 'aircraft on order' page to get the ID number). The revised order system will be available in the next games with this issue sorted too.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:13:35 PM by sami »

rickda

• Former member
Re: Note: DC-10 order queue rearranged
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
Sami

Yesterday I order a number of  DC10 30 new planes for delivery from July 1978. All orders were shown to be confirmed with delivery dates starting from July of the current game year. On checking the delivery schedule now I now see that the earliest delivery has moved out to 31/1/84. I am sorry but this is simply not acceptable as based on the now shown delivery dates I would not have placed any of the orders. if I cancel I will lose the monies paid which again is not an option and in the meantime I have not purchased other aircraft as I was waiting for the imminent deliveries. I have also lost interst on the considerable deposits paid.

I trust that this error will be rectified and the plane deliveries for all my DC10 30's on order commenced from 9/7/78. If this does not happen it makes the game a farce.

Rickda Royal Chang

Offline Kazari

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:15:52 PM »
I did what Sami said and got my money back. Problem solved.

blair21088

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »
Don't play innocent rickda. You knew exactly waht was going on when you placed your orders. Just PM Sami and get your money back.

Offline Trent900

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »
Rickda,

Before you placed the order did you actually look at the production list? If so, you would have know that you would have to wait at least a couple of years for the aircraft to be delivered. Surly you must have thought something was wrong when the delivery dates where set for only next month.

I ordered mine over a year ago and I've still got a year to wait. Why should you receive yours first if you've only just ordered them?

D.

intereuro
interworld - a proud member of the 'QualiTeam' alliance.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 10:38:51 AM »
Before you placed the order did you actually look at the production list? If so, you would have know that you would have to wait at least a couple of years for the aircraft to be delivered. Surly you must have thought something was wrong when the delivery dates where set for only next month.

As explained about a million times before, the "holes" left in the order list by canceled orders are (or should I say were?) a well-known bug whose abuse was sílently approved by Sami. Therefore many seasoned players checked the situation regularly to see if the bug had been activated and if it was possible to jump the queue for popular aircraft which would normally take years for delivery. When this opportunity arises, you don't look at the production list or do anything else either, you order as many aircraft you can afford before someone gets there first. This is the first thing I do whenever I log in to the game before even looking at the forums, and I am not alone with that habit as someone mentioned in another thread. So at least the first ones who would have benefited from this bug that turned out to be something more serious than usual placed their orders in good faith. Nobody has said that the buggy order system is fair and I am sure those who abused it the most are the most enthusiastic to get a better ordering system that would fix the aforementioned bug and the numerous other problems the current system has.

Offline Trent900

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 11:14:34 AM »
Kontio,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't 'having a go', just looking for an explination as to the reasoning. I'm not sure why people are now moaning that the bug has been fixed when they knew they were wrong in the first place. Just feel lucky you weren't booted out for abusing the system.   :P

D.
interworld - a proud member of the 'QualiTeam' alliance.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't 'having a go', just looking for an explination as to the reasoning. I'm not sure why people are now moaning that the bug has been fixed when they knew they were wrong in the first place. Just feel lucky you weren't booted out for abusing the system.   :P

AFAIK nobody is moaning that the bug has been fixed. The problem here is that the rules were changed without warning. Similar problems had occurred with various aircraft types many times before and Sami's answer had been that the old system is not going to be fixed because a brand new version is in the works. This time, however, he started rearranging the orders by hand. He did graciously offer to cancel the orders giving the money back, but that does not help those who had maybe canceled other orders to make room for the DC-10s.

As for abusing the system, when the bug was activated there was no way of ordering the affected aircraft without jumping the queue. However, earlier Sami did not deem it necessary to fix the bug. What were we supposed to do? Stop ordering new aircraft for the fear of being "booted out for abusing the system"?  ;)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »
You can read my reasoning from the original message to understand why I jumped in here .. as this wasn't the same small bug what there was before.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.