Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why am I losing money?  (Read 1359 times)

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
Why am I losing money?
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:35 PM »
Can anyone investigate for me?

Game: Air Travel Boom
Name: Tito Air
HQ: Belgrade
Fleet: Cessna 208B Grand Caravan (Leased)

Kontio

• Former member
Re: Why am I losing money?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »
Because you operate aircraft that are far too small. You are simply not able to sell enough tickets compared to the staff you have to have on payroll and various other costs. You have just started the airline and leased the aircraft so you have paid for the first four months lease in advance and after the four months are up and you will start paying the leases you will be losing even more money.

There seem to be lots of DHC-7 aircraft available, maybe start with them?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 10:26:49 PM by Kontio »

RisteMakedonski

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:30:05 PM »
Has there been any mention of features for smaller airlines? I think this game is too "general" for airlines. e.g. Too much staff.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 01:38:44 AM »
I agree, I think staff should be a function of seats not actual shells

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »
Staffing for small airlines/small planes has already been tuned once or twice, but seems they still aren't good...

The suggestion about having staff (or at least some of the groups) calculated based on the number of passengers/seats offered would help. for example, if you fly planes that only carry a few people, you don't need an army of customer service or safety&security people.

Also, I think that it would be good if a small company could buy the maintenance services from another company (player- or computer- driven) so that they don't have to pay huge salaries to maintenance staff to have a couple of A checks done every second evening (thus, maintenance needed 30h/week= 30h from 7*24=168h is 17,8%. So, the maintenance staff is sitting 82% of the day doing nothing (apart from B and C checks)).
This would already help a lot, since at least for me, customer service and maintenance staff groups are the biggest after pilots and cabin crew.

bukatino2000

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:18:52 PM »
....would be extra possible to modulate at least pilot`s salaries 'cauze I do not think for a Grand Caravan you need so much as for a big longhaul.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:16:36 PM »
....would be extra possible to modulate at least pilot`s salaries 'cauze I do not think for a Grand Caravan you need so much as for a big longhaul.
True. I believe that at least in some companies the captains of LH flights make double the money than a short haul co-pilot of the same company...

jest

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:10:38 AM »
True. I believe that at least in some companies the captains of LH flights make double the money than a short haul co-pilot of the same company...

I would rather say in all airlines

rickda

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »
Ever though that the routes are just not profitable. Also how much do you pay the CEO and have you calculated the fuel and overall efficency of your fleet?

Offline Big Ern

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 07:57:18 AM »
CEO pay is peanuts overall. The max I can pay to myself is currently a bit over 15.000 / week (gross).

So in 15 years game time I've saved enough for a new aircraft. Oh wait, the game's over before that...  ::)

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:17:21 AM »
CEO pay is peanuts overall.

I have hired a monkey as my CEO, so I actually pay him in peanuts. (I'll get me coat...)

Offline Big Ern

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 03:14:49 PM »
Oh, suits you, Sir.

fflorendo

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
If you go with a smaller approach ike leasing one F70 and making it an all buisness class
aircraft it might cause you to make a little more money. Also if you do this in Europe you will
see profits raise dramaticaly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.