Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What's ahead?  (Read 561 times)

Kammola

• Former member
What's ahead?
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »
We have interesting times coming. There are already hundreds of routes with huge overcapacity. Still there are something like 3000 orders of long range jets. While those planes start arriving, will we finally see bankrupties of the bigger airlines or airlines in greatest cities? Or will the growth be infinite?
At least the current order situation and sizes of airlines made me re-think my own strategy. I was going to order some MD-11's, but getting them somewhere in 2001 would be too late for long haul boom. Instead I decided to stay mostly domestic and use mostly planes for less than 200pax.

Jps

• Former member
Re: What's ahead?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »
I'd say that pretty soon people will start to replace their old aircraft with the ones they have on order, so not every aircraft goes to fly a new route.

Kammola

• Former member
Re: What's ahead?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:18:47 PM »
I'd say that pretty soon people will start to replace their old aircraft with the ones they have on order, so not every aircraft goes to fly a new route.
That's true, but to be efficient those new planes need a bit longer routes than the older ones. In addition I think that many of the older leased planes will be bought out, because it's easier for expansion and the big players have lot of loose cash. Because the game ends in 2011, the order lists can't grow endless.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.