Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: what year???  (Read 566 times)

carloscarlos

• Former member
what year???
« on: May 05, 2009, 05:47:24 PM »
i guys, had a little look around but couldnt find when (what year) will the current game, air travel boom, finish.
can someone please lightn my way?!

thankx

cc

Kontio

• Former member
Re: what year???
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
Game ends on 01-Mar-2011

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »
tkx kontio...was just wondering if it is worth trying to swap my fleet for either boeing or airbus...which is hardly worth as 4 deliveries for boeing is 2002...and for abus is 2004...think it is just better to cancel the few routes i have over 1500nmand stick to my commonality...instead of buying 5 planes to use on them...

whats your opinion??

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »
I would order new aircraft definitely, get a new long-haul fleet with better commonality. Even if you get the deliveries in early 2000s there is still almost 10 years time to fly them.

I was hubbed in Barcelona in the last game and my fleet in the end (year 2005) consisted of 90 RJ-100, 64 757-200, and 35 of various 767 types.

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
well...basically i am not planning to go across th ocean, as there arent many routes worth to invest on them, as there isnt much of what we can call demand...basically i dont really see the point once again of investing money on aircrafts that will fly one route a day...that would mean a very big investment, due to the makes i use.
i have currently ordered a nice batch of 41 RJ100's some leased, some bought to replace the dc9 fleet due to their age. have bought have 10 F100 on order, some to replace the leased ones, some to lease out and as at this moment Fokker stoped their production, i dont really see the point of keeping the fleet, so id either sell them, or lease them. have also bought 10x atr 72's only to lease, was just a way to invest the money i had on the moment i placed the order, unfortunatelly didnt knew that fokker was closing doors, otherwise i would have invested that money either on b73's or a3's...it is just my dilema at this stage.... :-[

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.