Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft delivery issues  (Read 1382 times)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Aircraft delivery issues
« on: May 05, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
We've had some aircraft delivery issues late last night (regarding newly ordered planes), and some of you may still be missing a couple of aircraft (in style if you ordered 10, you only got 9).. Nothing serious, and was already reported to me last night, problem was related to the new pre-scheduling feature.

I will shortly assign the missing planes .. just letting you know if you are wondering.

Edit:  All done now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:36:20 PM by sami »

carloscarlos

• Former member
Re: Aircraft delivery issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 05:51:16 PM »
hi sami, it happend to me during last nite, had a saab 2000 delivered, but never received it...was supposed to arrive b4 another order of 3 saab 2000.

i received the message in my inbox letting me know, but deleted, it also was on the aircraft on order menu. but unfotunatelly never came...any chance he crash outside the hangar without taking off??
could you look into it pls!

thanks

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:52:20 AM »
Saab's have that habit ;)   well .. anyway, you have 8x S2000? How many did you order? (I will check that this afternoon after work)

carloscarlos

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »
hi sammy,

didnt had anything to invest the money in, so ordered 4 s2000 to lease out...
if you look at my orders and my bank ballance, it will show no money but lots of planes on order, basically all the atr and the s2000 orderd after will be to go on the lease....money doesnt make money...but planes make money...so i invest it
let me know what you found!

tks

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
I have just been to the Boeing official site and had a look at their orders. Boy... I am very sure if they had business in terms of plane orders (like our Airwaysim here)...we would have no credit crunch..... EVER!!!! I mean if you look at the present production list (just for Boeing in Airwaysim) the numbers are staggering. The game will come to an end before some airlines have a chance to own new planes. I know thats not important, but the element of realism as regards to plane orders needs to be looked at. Just my opinion though ???

Mzeeh

Offline bleedfax18

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 05:32:11 PM »
but the element of realism as regards to plane orders needs to be looked at.

If you would search the forum, you would soon find tons of threads to this issue, and also several answers from sami where he states that he (and the other developers) are currently working on the new aircraft order system and that this will be implemented into the version.
CEO of INterFly

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09:04 PM »
I know....... and sorry for sounding like a scratched CD but I guess am just craving to see/use the new improved systems. Sometimes excitement gets ahead of some of us  :)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 06:22:09 PM »
I have just been to the Boeing official site and had a look at their orders. Boy... I am very sure if they had business in terms of plane orders (like our Airwaysim here)...we would have no credit crunch..... EVER!!!! I mean if you look at the present production list (just for Boeing in Airwaysim) the numbers are staggering. The game will come to an end before some airlines have a chance to own new planes. I know thats not important, but the element of realism as regards to plane orders needs to be looked at. Just my opinion though ???

Mzeeh

The "element of realism" in this case isn't problems with production but rather problems with profits.

Airlines in the real world couldn't even fathom the profits that people make in this game.  That means everyone's out buying dozens or hundreds of planes.

Making a system where it's even easier and quicker to get planes isn't going to solve the problem, but rather only exacerbate it.  More planes equals more money.  More money equals more orders.  More orders equals a system that can be potentially just as borked as the one we've got. 

If the plan truly is to get more planes out quicker than before, than we better hope that, in this case, more planes equals more competition.  And more competition means lower profits.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »
so...... having said that, it means that the problem of having some airlines having exceedingly huge profits, high airline values etc in a short time will be a thing of the past. In my opinion, the game will appear to be as close to the real thing as possible. However, it is still a great game to play!!

Offline Big Ern

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:58:25 PM »
Okay, guys. If I'd want to replicate completely the real world, I'd just quit. I get it enough at work.

Close to real world is fine and with a little fine tuning on some features and game types sounds great. I'd enjoy unpredictable random world game where it's impossible to predict anything. Now it's all common knowledge when the fuel price will rise etc. And this has been discussed and I think under development.

And to the question of too high profits; it's a game! If I'd have to make a move and wait for a 4 week real life period to make the next one... Oh well, you know the answer.

Thanks again for the developers for your patience with us players and our demands (which is a great feature as this is the first game at least for me where someone listens to a player for new game features).

Off topic;
those outside Finland who can see Madventures (a finnish duo traveling around the world), take a  look of something completely different! ;) I think it's broadcasted in the US and UK at least?!?

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
 ;D nice one!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.