Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Negative Value?  (Read 2454 times)

elitemedia

• Former member
Re: Negative Value?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 06:13:15 AM »
Sami,

The issue I had here is how were a lot of airlines here able to obtain huge amounts of loans for these huge orders with probably very limited liquidity and virtually no collateral. 

Hi thomas, i have for exemple over 200 brand new aircrafts (air travel boom) on order half of them bought not leased, and didn't took any loan to get them... I only took 3 small loans in the first game week which are all paid back, so no need to have big loans to place huge orders...

eqthomas

• Former member
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 03:04:35 PM »
Hello Elite,

My rant wasn't directed at an airline that has done what you have.  It was directed towards the ones who did have the big loans and numerous ones.  You are an exception to the norm.  When you see all those huge negative values, fully leased aircraft list and still adding more aircraft you can almost bet 99.9% of the time that huge loans were taken out.  If they weren't then you wouldn't have a huge negative capital position.  No bank is going to continue to lend to you when you are basically insolvent unless you are in bankruptcy and are getting DIP financing until you get out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 04:28:25 PM by eqthomas »

Silentradar

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »
i still don't get how people can have so much already...

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 12:37:05 AM »
Just to give a little more ammo for your argument, eqthomas....

I took a loan a couple of game months ago to make sure I had sufficient cash on hand for the staggering number of C-Checks I had coming do in the next 3 months.  I took 95% of what I was allowed unsecured (just rounded down to the nearest even mil)

Doing so didn't change my credit rating.  I even checked again a game-day later to be sure.   I thought that was surprising because early in the game every loan I took dropped me 1-2 tiers.

Then I began losing money as I expected.  Over the past 6 game weeks I've gone from a healthy profit to some pretty large losses as I pay for all my C-Checks.  This was expected, but I figured surely my rating would fall.

Nope.  Despite my past several weeks of performance showing some fairly large losses on both the profit and revenue sides (since so many planes are not only not making revenue they're costing money to fix), not only has my credit rating not gone down, the bank has continued increasing my credit limit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:39:36 AM by Sigma »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.