Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: This game seems harder  (Read 1146 times)

Offline ekaneti

• Members
This game seems harder
« on: April 26, 2009, 12:13:11 PM »
Im playing both Air Travel Boom and Jet Age. Air Travel Boom is suppose to be easier but Ive been thru bankruptcy once already. Meanwhile my Jetage airline is humming along nicely. Dont say it is competition. I didnt and dont have any route competition in Air Travel Boom but Im still limping along.

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
Re: This game seems harder
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 03:47:33 PM »
Nope I agree with you, this game the developers allowed too many people in and its jsut too hard, no aircraft choices etc or witing forever to be 'lucky' to get that shiny used boeing- the developers need to look at this game an rethink the 375 players!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
UK, instead of complaining like that in every thread, would you please keep that into the topic where it belongs. And for the record the 'welcome to airwaysim' games had 350/375 player limits too..

But to the starter of the topic, the Jet Age isn't perhaps YET that hard. But wait until early 1980s or so..   ;)

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »
Too true Sami...It isn't the amount of players as I was doing well in #3 with 375 people. I think though somethings amok with the newest games. Some examples:

1) Planes stay in the delivery schedule even after they are flying routes
2) One second I have 17million next I have 14M. Tried to go look where it went but the month's bills seem consistent. Maybe it's AIG dipping in?
3) Load factors drop by 22% but yet I'm the only guy flying the route and I'm on-time. Must be spring breakers

But all-in-all this game keeps me from doing drugs, which is a positive. Keep on improvising and programming. You guys (and girls) are doing a hell of a job.

Please also program in to my airport (5) Boeing 757-200's.....I won't tell anyone ::).

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
I love the game. It is engaing to some degree. However, I just have an issue where money seems to be dwindling without a trace yet all bills etc are in order. Can somebody explain? Then yes, there are no aircrafts on the market. Whats up with the "air craft brokers?"

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 05:46:01 PM »
1) Planes stay in the delivery schedule even after they are flying routes
2) One second I have 17million next I have 14M. Tried to go look where it went but the month's bills seem consistent. Maybe it's AIG dipping in?

The order lists are cleared 1x month, and some items are deducted in the middle of the day now too..

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »
Alright, what of the aircraft brokers? cant they see there is a bigger demand for the more sensible aircraft i.e Boeing, Airbus, as opposed to the aging brands that are in abundance!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 05:55:13 PM »
Like talked in other threads, when the game is greated the system creates a few thousand planes to the "world". Those are released to the used market in a certain pace. But if for example every B757 has been bought they cannot magically appear to the world. Probably they are not all gone yet but just snapped very quickly. I am planning some changes though but the concept will stay the same as it's not realistic to start generating aircraft out of the blue like before.

ngaira

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »
 :) I understand Sam! In a nutshell its a great game. I like it very much.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 02:28:15 AM »
Im building up a big cash cushion cuz I know fuel will start rising about 1979. Ive avoided 707s and short DC-8 as they are gas hogs

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.