Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Anybody else seeing issues with Aircraft delivery punctuality?  (Read 1371 times)

bjflanne

• Former member
A used leased Airbus I ordered originally had a delivery date Oct 25 1995 then for no apparent reason it showed as 0ct 29 1995...it is now Oct 30 1995 in the game, and I don't have my plane still.

Is this a bug? Anybody have this issue?

Offline Brockster

• Members
Re: Anybody else seeing issues with Aircraft delivery punctuality?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
I think I've had a plane arrive a day late, but nothing like that.

bjflanne

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »
Thx...it's now 3 or 4 days late...def bug and one that kills game play I have been sitting waiting to put this one on a route but it won't deliver the plane to me.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:13:27 PM »
Thx...it's now 3 or 4 days late...def bug and one that kills game play I have been sitting waiting to put this one on a route but it won't deliver the plane to me.

Can't you pre-schedule?

bjflanne

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »
Of course I can pre-schedule. That's not the point - the point is the plane was supposed to be here 4 days ago running routes so I am missing out on money I could be making off its routes.

AirEuropa

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »
oh.. I think its a bug. depends, was this your first airliner, or another one?

AirEuropa

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 12:26:53 AM »
They usually take a week to arrive if its not your first airplane. hope tihs helps ;D

bjflanne

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 12:37:42 AM »
No, it was my 7th plane. Also, anybody notice that in this game you need far more staff than in last game? I only have 7 planes, but it requires me to have 795 staff in my company. That's way too many compared to last game....

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 12:38:12 AM »
Did you preconfigure it? That will delay the delivery date

Offline Brockster

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 12:45:44 AM »
^ I think you're on to something... Perhaps?

Because a four-five day delay could easily be because of a pre-configuration set upon the initial lease. I think it takes about an extra week, though.

Offline bleedfax18

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 09:38:34 AM »
But shouldn't the "delay" that is caused by the configuration of the plane be already shown in the delivery date? As far as I know, it is only possible to change the configuration of a plane either at the time you order it or after it was delivered to you.
CEO of INterFly

Jackal

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 05:10:09 AM »
i have had 5 DHC6s on order for a while now, at first, they were to be delivered in early to mid December,  now they are late January into February.

and i am the only one with an order pending for them. its getting annoying.

my two cents.

Offline T8KE0FF

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 06:32:57 AM »
They usually take a week to arrive if its not your first airplane. hope tihs helps ;D
2 week's ;)

NicholasB

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 09:01:23 AM »
How about for every month that an aircraft is delayed from the original contract, I mean this is a  legally binding contract with a penality if you cancel the order.  the airline receives compensation, along the lines of 1-2% or more of the order value?

This does happen in th real world as it did with the A380 and 787, Most of the customers receieved compo or huge incentives from both Airbus and Boeing.

Just a thought.

NicholasB

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
This does happen in th real world as it did with the A380 and 787, Most of the customers receieved compo or huge incentives from both Airbus and Boeing.

This kind of delay is really not modeled in the game, but it would be an interesting feature. Now everything happens according to the script and, if anything, you will get your aircraft earlier than projected. In reality, as everyone knows, the problem is that aircraft manufacturers push back the deliveries of new aircraft because of various development problems. If this happened in game, it would make the launch customer status much more of a gamble. You would get the discount and first delivery of the aircraft in question, but if there are problems along the way you could have been better off ordering the older model.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.