Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Crazy Used Marked  (Read 2105 times)

Quinn Airways

• Former member
Crazy Used Marked
« on: April 24, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »
You really have to be lucky or contantly in front of your computer to get any decent planes of the used-marked.
I was trying to get my hands on a DC-10, and two of them popped up when the market was reset.
Sadly, by the time it took me to actually click on them they where allready bought.

The rush is equal for the Boeings. Think I saw about 10 planes become available, and almost all gone after a couple of minutes.
And when you have to wait 2 years for new planes, things are moving slowly.

I'm not complaining, just mentioning...

tofen

• Former member
Re: Crazy Used Marked
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »
The market is really crazy, specially on DC-10s. I think there has been three resets of the market since I woke up this morning, and I have hammered the F5 button on all three. As fas as I have seen there has been 2 DC-10s showing up each time, and they have always been gone in a matter of seconds. I managed to snag the last one from the last reset. :).

I have the problem that there's soon no routs within 4000NM worth flying to, So I really need the range of those DC-10s.

But from now on I don't bother configuring planes when I buy them on the market. The time it takes me to do those extra clicks might mean that the plane is gone...

Sami: Can't we get the market to reset at random times? So that everyone isn't hammering F5 every time the clocks strikes 12?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:08:02 PM by tofen »

Quinn Airways

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 06:22:08 PM »
Or maybe better:
Each week (day don't matter), the planes that are to be released to the market are each given random times they will appear at the marked in the next 7 days.
I don't just meen random days, but random time too.

This will create a constant supply of planes to the marked, and not in bulk as the present.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:49:05 PM »
I kinda feel bad. I just took 3* DC-10s and like 6 DC-8s..

What can I say  :-[

Talentz

tofen

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
Or maybe better:
Each week (day don't matter), the planes that are to be released to the market are each given random times they will appear at the marked in the next 7 days.
I don't just meen random days, but random time too.

This will create a constant supply of planes to the marked, and not in bulk as the present.

I fully agree!

I just managed to snag another DC-10...

Talentz, was it you who stole the last -10 right in front of my eyes  >:(

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »

I kinda feel bad. I just took 3* DC-10s and like 6 DC-8s..

What can I say  :-[

Talentz

Sami,
This could and should be changed. Just have the same 2 used planes per day limit as in the beginning of the game reimposed. It will create an unbridgeable gap/headstart between people who can afford to look at the screen all day, and people who have limited access. I'm actually logging on with mobile internet laptop connection , cause my ISP crashes all the time here in India  ;D

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
I don't think the used market should "reset" at all. Just have new planes trickle onto the market so that some come available every game day at truly random times of day. Of course popular planes would be taken just as quickly, but at least it would be more realistic and give everyone a chance to pick up a plane they need. Now the really active players have figured out the "random" times when the market is replenished or just sit in front of their computers all day waiting. A more randon not-all-planes-at-once system would be more complicated to code, I suppose, but surely not impossible?

Offline hershey1

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 12:01:51 AM »
is there a standard time that the used market changes example
YOW time is 2001 est....or is it  0001 game time....
 thanks glenn

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »
guys, the same people keep "winning" games here.  They are the people who can afford to sit and press F5 1000 times per hour per day.    We have no hope of winning at present because we can't get decent used planes early.  Because of that, we are years behind ordering new planes (which Chang/Carpet always seem to have 15 ordered before most people have enough money to order one)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 12:24:31 PM »
The big boys seem to be targeting C/F class early in the games thus they get the big bucks early and can expand quickly. Nothing special.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 12:30:54 PM »
Sami, we know..... they all just also have the planes.

The only way to get used planes right now is to sit and babysit for them.  My mother is in the hospital.  I can't sit here all day hoping to get 2x 732s and maybe a DC10 or so.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
I'd say just clean up by get rid of the crap planes like the Airspeed Ambassador and DHC-3 and put in a few more practical aircraft in their place. Otherwise the game is fine Sami.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
Um, please dont get rid of the Dash 3.  I use those or smaller Embraers alot.

blair21088

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:45:32 PM »
Magic carpet actually loaded up on DC-6s for a while before putting in a monster order for 20 747s.

Offline Trent900

• Members
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 07:31:32 PM »
Looks like we're all after the dc10's then   :P

D

[attachment deleted by admin]
interworld - a proud member of the 'QualiTeam' alliance.

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 08:48:08 PM »
How can someone (so early in the game) have money for 20 747's? I cant even get three planes. Something is wrong here.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »
How can someone (so early in the game) have money for 20 747's? I cant even get three planes. Something is wrong here.

Somebody owns 20 747s? Or leases? There is a big difference in the amount of cash you have to put down.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 06:25:12 AM »

Why do you have to post the same message to multiple threads?

Offline Sundaypilot

• Members
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »

It's quite simple:
1. Lease bunch of cheap planes
2. Collect cash with them
3. Take out maximum loan
4. Lease 20x 747's

If you're based on a big airport with good demand and few competitors you can do that faster than others.
And you also need to be at your computer when used aircraft list is refreshed - so you are able to grab all good planes from it.

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »

Actually the stunning thing about Magic Carpet, is that he is doing this out of Muscat. I once tried this strategy on a smaller scale from Linate (using Venice, Nice,Geneva,Rome as hubs) and did quite well until fuel prices shot up in 1999. Flying empty planes (and gas guzzling MD83s at that) made this strategy unviable. Muscat is actually a much better place, 24 hours and lots of slots. From there you can have hubs at Dubai,Doha,Riyadh,Jeddah,and Kuwait.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.