Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Owner does not allow lease extensions  (Read 1631 times)

stefan.aj@hotmail.com

• Former member
Owner does not allow lease extensions
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:37:57 AM »
Hi folks.

I just switched off the "automatic renew aircraft leases for one year" function, and now all my lessors tell me :Owner does not allow lease extensions.

What happened? I can understand that some aircraft owners don't want to renew the leases for variable reasons, but that all aircraft owners don't want this is a mystery to me.

Anyone else that has experience with this?

Mr Johnsen
CEO Puerto Papa International

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Owner does not allow lease extensions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »
There is a bug report on this, or not exactly this but a similar issue. I believe the variable is just a bit mixed as all that extension allowance is controlled by one variable. I will have to check it.

stefan.aj@hotmail.com

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 07:01:55 PM »
hehe. The aircrafts delivered to me after I turned off the "automatic renew leases" button is now marked"Lease will be renewed automatically (click to change)".

Do you need screenshots or something? Its still some months to go before the aircrafts is going, so I hope there will be time to fix this:)

stefan.aj@hotmail.com

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 09:17:58 PM »
Its now only 24 hours real time before my first leases ends. My airline will suffer severely if all my aircrafts start leaving the fleet before I can find replacements.

I wouldn't have turned off the button if I knew that this would be the result.

Mr Johnsen
CEO Puerto Papa International
-Jet Age 1

Offline Runner

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:59:06 PM »
I have the same problem. In 1 month game time, 2 of my best profitable aircraft will go back to their respective lessors. Is there any chance you can fix this Sami?

roger_pt

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 02:09:09 PM »
I also have the same problem. If this is not solved soon, basically i will loose my aircraft, and possibly my entire fleet in the future, since ordering takes ages to receive new aircraft, and in the used market, planes just dissapear instantly.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
A temporary solution for this could be to terminate the lease and instantly lease the same aircraft back from the used market. However, I'm hesitant to try it because the way the used market has been changed and the plane may not appear back on the market instantly.

roger_pt

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
Actually i just found out that there is a possibility to continue with the lease. There's a red icon next to the plane registry on my aircraft section that extends for the desired period.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 04:36:06 PM »
It seems to be fixed now. I was able to extend the leases I couldn't before in both Boom and Jet #1.

stefan.aj@hotmail.com

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 08:40:05 PM »
Now I'ts unfixed again. I get the same message as before, "owner does not allow lease extensions". So, to clearify my point in this case:

1)I want the "automatic renewal of leases" function to be turned OFF
2)I want to be able to renew leases on my aircrafts (manually, that is)

Is anybody else experiencing this trouble again? I've got one lease that expires in two monthe game time, and i badly want to renew(manually) that lease.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
Is anybody else experiencing this trouble again? I've got one lease that expires in two monthe game time, and i badly want to renew(manually) that lease.

Now that you mention it, yes the bug is back with my newly delivered aircraft.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »
I've reseted the values, there seems to have been somekind of file version confusion indeed...

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 08:51:37 PM »
I've reseted the values, there seems to have been somekind of file version confusion indeed...

Except now the leases will be renewed automatically, although the auto-lease setting is turned off. Which is not a huge deal, but if it's fixable...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:06 PM »
Yea, sorry, I believe the best is for you to click them off which you don't wish to keep. Or then just flick on the global setting to extend leases, and then click it off again which resets all planes.

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 08:56:34 PM »
Or then just flick on the global setting to extend leases, and then click it off again which resets all planes.

That worked, thanks for the tip!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.