Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Customer Services  (Read 630 times)

sircris

• Former member
Customer Services
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:32:07 PM »
I have 81 pilots, 15 cabin crew, 55 Route strategy employees, and 120 Customer Service employees ?

These stats seem wrong to me...
Comments ?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Customer Services
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:29:21 AM »
Customer Service seems to be a function of the number of destinations you fly to (total routes) and how often you fly to them (flights/week).  Which makes sense as every destination is going to have counters that need to be manned.  So if you're flying to a lot of destinations with relatively few aircraft, you can very easily have many more CS employees than operational ones.  Chances are you have a lot of Ground Service as well for the same reason.

I'm guessing with so many pilots and so few crew, you fly a lot of little puddle jumper flights all over and/or to a few destinations a lot of times per day.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:33:47 AM by Sigma »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Customer Services
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 05:14:26 AM »
I am hopefully able to introduce a function later on where you can decide if you hire your own service & handling staff to every airport you fly or to outsource that service. Now those numbers are just guesstimated according to num of routes + planes..

And yet again (search the forum a bit) the actual numbers what you have is not the key. The staff side is meant to generate a lump sump of costs that is in certain range compared to your incomes/expenses. Splitting it "totally realistically" to each staff group is hard, especially when the whole staff groups itself have been simplified rather much for the sake of usability.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:16:30 AM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.