Important information - Game worlds restarted

Started by Sami, April 21, 2009, 11:04:31 AM

pharmy

The planes available were different this time, I live 5 hours away from GMT, so last time I got caught out (about 120th), yet still got a 767 200 ER, this time I logged on the instant it started and there were hardly any good planes (I did want a 742 this time so it was alright). Check out global stats, nobody has really good planes. 11 767s and 14 757s in all.  So its quite fair. Game on.

ukatlantic

I do agree with Carlos Carlos on one thing only and that is the poor amount of used aircraft types on the market, I mean c'mon everything is between 14 and 20 odd years old for Jet Aircraft and the young stuff well its either small turboprops or 747 type aircraft which are way too expensive to run!.  >:(

As for the credit's and notifiying everyone, I have to say well done to Sami and his team, and the extra creits given was a fantastic gesture of goodwill on his part!  :)

xolon

Quote from: carloscarlos on April 21, 2009, 05:09:56 PM
fair enough, there was a mistake, totally agree that you reset everything up, but restarting with no notice, it is not correct. basically the ones who arrived 1st best served! there are no proper airplanes in the market anymore and the same way i disagree a lot more ppl will! there should have been a notice of the restart. like you 1st  when the new games started!

I agree, the reset was necessary due to this bug, but as they market isn´t replenishing the players who log in at an early sateg have a big advantage by leasing all the good planes. Something to remember if another reset occurs..

About everything else; GOOD JOB!

Jps

Quote from: ukatlantic on April 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM
I do agree with Carlos Carlos on one thing only and that is the poor amount of used aircraft types on the market, I mean c'mon everything is between 14 and 20 odd years old for Jet Aircraft and the young stuff well its either small turboprops or 747 type aircraft which are way too expensive to run!.  >:(
That's just overreacting. Right now, there are for example 3 DC-8-5x airplanes available, all under 9 years, which all hold over 100 pax, fly 0.8M, and have a range of several thousand NMs.

Edit: had a wrong person quoted, sorry for that  :-[

carloscarlos

Quote from: Jps on April 21, 2009, 05:54:14 PM
That's just overreacting. Right now, there are for example 3 DC-8-5x airplanes available, which all hold over 100 pax, fly 0.8M, and have a range of several thousand NMs.

sorry JP but it is not and ill tell you why:
1, u dont really know what my plans are.
2, for the routes i have i dont need more than 1200nm
3, have you considered the fuel burn from a dc8 compare it to a b737 or a A320.

so as you can see its not over reacting.

luisestrada

wow wowwwww

I thing time should be stopped!

I've seen that some have taken advantage of this issue and the have routes, I don't. Time should been stopped for one day as a fresh start

Sami

Quote from: Dan380 on April 21, 2009, 03:52:37 PM
When will the used aircraft list replenish? Is it 1 week after the game starts?

In worst case yes, but it's some random day in a week.

Also ... there was a 4 hour first turn in both games. It was not the full 24h as that would have been too long and this 4h was the max available tonight as I wanted to be around to make sure everything starts back up normally. It does not make a big deal if you arrived on day 2 or 4 instead of day 1.

The number of available aircraft in the world and number of available used aircraft for sale was also increased vs. last time.

As the other game is almost full, I will be starting another identical world in the next few days. With the extra added 5'er you can leave this game and still have enough credits to join the upcoming new game if you really wish to take advantage of the 24h turn again.

carloscarlos

hi Sami,

when you first did it for the new games, everyone knew, and was informed. had 24 hrs to do it. and everyone new the time it would be open to start. this time it didnt happen. im sure you know what happens if you log in first!

Jps

Quote from: carloscarlos on April 21, 2009, 06:02:10 PM
sorry JP but it is not and ill tell you why:
1, u dont really know what my plans are.
2, for the routes i have i dont need more than 1200nm
3, have you considered the fuel burn from a dc8 compare it to a b737 or a A320.

so as you can see its not over reacting.

Oh, damn, I'm really sorry. I was going to quote ukatlantic. Your post I do understand, nothing major there. Sorry  :-[
Changed it now.

luisestrada

Quote from: carloscarlos on April 21, 2009, 06:09:29 PM
hi Sami,

when you first did it for the new games, everyone knew, and was informed. had 24 hrs to do it. and everyone new the time it would be open to start. this time it didnt happen. im sure you know what happens if you log in first!

That's right! We were not informed about this before

carloscarlos

no probs JP, im am sorry but i disagree Sami.

Filippo

Well, the problem remains - there are not enough good aircrafts.

I am not asking for an airbus. I would be happy even with a McDonnel Douglas or Locheed of some sort.

xolon

Quote from: sami on April 21, 2009, 06:06:55 PM
As the other game is almost full, I will be starting another identical world in the next few days. With the extra added 5'er you can leave this game and still have enough credits to join the upcoming new game if you really wish to take advantage of the 24h turn again.

Problem solved for those guys who want a 24h delay  ;)

gustavoramos

Oh my....

I'm in Brazil, just saw it now...

We don't have any planes to begin again... so sad... but lets move on!  ;D

Sami, thanks for finding it at the beggining, it would be so more frustrating to reset it on the 50-60%  :P

Keep the hard and great work..

Filippo

Sami please, there are no affordable - descent a/c.

There are also no more Mc Donnel Douglas or Lokheeds which were great to start with

Please Sami

Sami

You guys are a bit too impatient... The market refreshes once a week. But I have made it to refresh right away now once.

Sundaypilot

Quote from: Xolon on April 21, 2009, 06:19:49 PM
Problem solved for those guys who want a 24h delay  ;)
Yeah, now everyone can stop whining and go get a fresh start.

Hey folks, You have already got 5 extra credits for free.
So if you think missing couple of hours in beginning of over 3 months game has any measurable effect, just leave this one and start again. You'd have more credits than before starting this game.

I don't mind having another start, thus I was doing pretty well. Now you can really see if you can do better with little practise.

I feel Sami has handled this unfortunate event really well. And he has been more than generous giving us free credits - really without any need for that. So be happy and play...

Just my 2 cents.
Sunday

Filippo

bigdogshark62

Yeah, there isn't much of a better way to have handled the situation.

I'll admit just a moment ago I was ready to hit something.  All the work I had put in, and now it's all gone.  I have a similar schedule to everyone else.  Matter of fact, I was out of internet range most of the day yesterday, so the first I knew of this was this morning (which is currently -11 GMT). 

However, in the end, it IS all for the better, more fair, more balanced, and all that.  And hey, we get another week of sim time (man, was I jonesin' for this thing after the end of the last one)!   ;)

So thanks, Sami!  It's all good!