Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used aircraft market  (Read 12772 times)

digifreak

• Former member
Re: Used aircraft market
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2009, 05:08:31 PM »
Well so far the used aircraft market has turned into a "who's all day long logged into AWS pressing f5 every 30 seconds", I am sorry but this is not fun at all and to tell you the truth I am getting REALLY bored here. This new used market scheme really sucks like hell for the people who have their jobs and for instance... play at night when they arrive home. I guess that I will wait a bit more... to see if anything changes ont he market... but I don't think I will keep playing much.

blumage

• Former member
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2009, 05:19:27 PM »
Sami the game is really unplayable. I just had to bankrupt my airline because i don't have also all day to keep watching the market for planes nor have the sufficient funds to order new ones. I bankrupted my airline and moved to a quiter place so i can enjoy more the game without having to stay logged on 24/7. I was hoping to find the planes that i leased prior to my bankruptcy but there we're none. How can airlines who have bankrupted be able to have a second chance if they can only find planes that have max 40 pax. And if pax are 80-100 the planes burn too much oil for allowing us to be profitable.

Offline ManT

• Members
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
I'm very hard to get used aircraft from the market. Also, in the new one. As now, I need to wait four years to get Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 series aircraft....

blumage

• Former member
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2009, 05:33:08 PM »
REgarding also about the fact that many airlines have a tons of A/C just after a few days.I'm very suspiscious about this fact too. Just after 3 days my competitors were already operating 22 planes and several big planes on the use and on order. I don't know how they did it but during all my games in AWS this seem to fast. I've been playing since beta 1 and we we're few players back then meaning less competition but nevertheless growth was slow. Here seems like many airlines received some kind of fertilizer.

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
he just abuseing the long haul,and possible full C F class..

dirkpitt

• Former member
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2009, 06:30:03 PM »
I agree it makes the game seem longer, however it forces me to take my time and form a stratgey. I don't like the fact you will never see a new Airbus, but thats ok, when the players that have expanded to fast go bankrupt i'll buy there planes. For now I keep putting cash in the bank.

charger27

• Former member
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »
Did Boeing go on strike in the 90's that I was unaware of?
Were all Boeing planes recalled for some safety reason?
Of course I am being sarcastic.

I, like many of the people here have found this game virtually unplayable because of the lack of aircraft.
To echo previous comments... unless one is prepared to sit on AWS all day and refresh constantly - you have no hope of getting planes.
In fact I did some of that hovering over the weekend, and still couldn't get aircraft!

I am stuck with 5 piddly planes... was planning on a couple purchases going into C checks... no luck.
C checks hit and I of course watched the revenue get chewed up, and there was nothing I could do about it.
I was totally unable to expand my fleet for the 3 weeks leading into the C checks.

Sami - I like this game, but since the restart - it completely sucks.
There are so many USELESS planes listed... why not clear the lists and offer some practical planes?

Nobody wants 23 year old Antonov's, or crappy little Beechcraft's!!!!
If you want to have a realistic scenario... I could pick up the phone today and lease a 737, 757, or 767, A310, A320, or A330 -etc, etc with no difficulty whatsoever.

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
I'm done waiting, in March I receive the first two MD90s, and after that continously 25 more (at about 2-3 per month) 7 MD11s are in between, and after that starting November 97, I start having the first of my 17 737-700s arriving. Just have to keep on ordering, no time to save up and buy any a/c.

charger27

• Former member
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »
I'm done waiting, in March I receive the first two MD90s, and after that continously 25 more (at about 2-3 per month) 7 MD11s are in between, and after that starting November 97, I start having the first of my 17 737-700s arriving. Just have to keep on ordering, no time to save up and buy any a/c.
Where the h*** are you getting the money this early on for those kind of orders?

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2009, 06:53:14 PM »
Its the same with me. Once I couldnt find an aircraft from the used market, I started placing new aircraft orders (makes zero sense to keep your money piling up..)

Now, I have about 20 MD-11s to be delivered this year.

Nothing hard about it.

Talentz

elitemedia

• Former member
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2009, 07:05:23 PM »
Ok i also have more than 60 new new aircrafts coming in the next "real" days...so i will not complain too much...,

but, Sami, i must say that really the game is unplayable for the moment, and for those who had to go bankruptcy, it is simply impossible to restart the game, unless ur a "no life" player and site in front of your computer 24h a day hitting the F5 touch.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET, A GAME MUST BE A SOURCE OF PLEASURE, AND NOT A CONSTRAINT....

charger27

• Former member
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2009, 07:09:23 PM »
Its the same with me. Once I couldnt find an aircraft from the used market, I started placing new aircraft orders (makes zero sense to keep your money piling up..)
Now, I have about 20 MD-11s to be delivered this year.
Nothing hard about it.
Talentz
Hey, I would LOVE to be placing orders for new planes rather than waiting to lease used ones.
I don't understand how a person can place 500 million plus dollar orders after only 10 months of operation... my money isn't piling up to that extent!
Heck, I thought I was doing good budgeting for the initial C checks.

I must be seriously missing something here... maybe I am just not cut out for this.

pharmy

• Former member
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
I have the planes arriving in the next 3 years, I have been ordering them one by one. I only make about 5-7mil per week, enough for 2 medium jets, and every morning I loaned an MD11

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2009, 07:31:37 PM »
I dont understand ..

At the beginning of AWS1/public launch, Sami makes the game easier by changing how RI is related to LF and pax demand. People rejoice because they can bring in more revenue from the start. Thus, everyone can afford more aircraft in the very beginning then in previous versions of AWS. So when 200 people hit the used markets with more money in there pockets, suddenly, there's not enough aircraft for all...?! Gee, I wonder why.

Not to mention almost everyone is at least a 2nd gen AWS'er. Having 1 game under your belts means your not as new to the game as before. You more efficient with your aircraft. Thus, making the competition naturally harder for each other.

Talentz

charger27

• Former member
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2009, 08:02:45 PM »
I dont understand ..
At the beginning of AWS1/public launch, Sami makes the game easier by changing how RI is related to LF and pax demand. People rejoice because they can bring in more revenue from the start. Thus, everyone can afford more aircraft in the very beginning then in previous versions of AWS. So when 200 people hit the used markets with more money in there pockets, suddenly, there's not enough aircraft for all...?! Gee, I wonder why.
Not to mention almost everyone is at least a 2nd gen AWS'er. Having 1 game under your belts means your not as new to the game as before. You more efficient with your aircraft. Thus, making the competition naturally harder for each other.
Talentz
Fair enough.
But competition to me is on the "game board" with the routes, pricing and management... not scrambling for the couple of "game pieces" that come available in a week.
Competition shouldn't be measured by one getting a plane and another not.

Using your assessment of everyone having more market money from the other side... I guess Sami should have anticipated the need for more aircraft?
I don't understand why the plane roster has to be loaded with old and useless aircraft... what is the point of that?
Why not stock it with newer, more practical and popular planes?

blair21088

• Former member
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »
Part of the game is building up your fleet and the myriad choices that arise from that. I do think that the times and days that planes make irt into the market should be randomized, but most people in these threads are asking for the market to be flooded with Boeing's and Airbuses in perfect condition so that everyone can get exactly the planes they want. The two real problems are that the times aren't random and that it takes forever to new aircraft. A lot of people complain that they aren't on an even footing with someone who spends a lot of time playing the game, but why should you be? If someone wants to check the used aircraft market every 25 minutes why shouldn't they be able to get more aircraft than someone who checks once a day, not to mention the fact that someone putting in that much time is going to know the game very well.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2009, 02:31:18 AM »
I understand why people are getting frustrated with the used market as it is very slow. However, I was lucky and managed to pick up two 10yr old 737-200Adv in the beginning and since then I have not used the used market at all. In twelve months I managed to get enough cash coming in from my 737's to start placing orders for A320/321s straight away and now have 15 operating and 21 on order, along with two A330-200s.

The 737s have been sent back after a one year lease and now I have perfect fleet commonality and a fleet of brand new Airbuses. The only problem being that I have to wait over 4yrs for delivery of my most recently ordered aircaft  :'(

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 02:41:19 AM by NorgeFly »

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2009, 04:00:43 AM »
I understand why people are getting frustrated with the used market as it is very slow. However, I was lucky and managed to pick up two 10yr old 737-200Adv in the beginning and since then I have not used the used market at all. In twelve months I managed to get enough cash coming in from my 737's to start placing orders for A320/321s straight away and now have 15 operating and 21 on order, along with two A330-200s.

The 737s have been sent back after a one year lease and now I have perfect fleet commonality and a fleet of brand new Airbuses. The only problem being that I have to wait over 4yrs for delivery of my most recently ordered aircaft  :'(

It doesn't particularly matter what planes you pick up in the beginning.  If you pick up pretty much anything, you'll make enough money to get you some orders in with the manufacturers, and get some planes headed your way.  Pick up a cheap lease every once in a while between new orders to increase your revenues and keep some orders going to the builders and in very short order, you'll have a constant stream of new planes coming in from the manufacturer.  The only downside is that you have to spend the first 12 months or so flying planes that aren't "what you want".  But who cares?

If you sit around waiting for a plane that you want on the Used market, you don't make anything.  And the order queues for new aircraft get so far ahead of you that you have no chance of realistically getting a plane from one within a reasonable amount of time.  The key is to get your orders in the queue early and to keep them going in steadily so that it doesn't matter if they're 2 years long, because you have several deliveries already scheduled throughout that queue and you'll keep putting new ones in, so you get planes every few months at most.

Look at what the biggest airlines in the game are flying.  Almost all of them are flying a bunch of cheap crap they picked up on the lease market and a group of new planes that are coming in as a result of the income those 'crap planes' generated.  They then slough off the old stuff as they no longer need it, drop their average fleet age rapidly as a result, and increase their image immensely.  Thus perpetuating their growth.  They don't sit around waiting for that exact plane they want.  They take what they can get and quickly grow as a result.

Worry about making money and the planes you want will come as a result of you buying them yourself.  They're not going to just get placed in your lap for you.

The point of the game is to make your airline money.  Not fly the exact model of plane you want.  They're often, in the beginning of the game in particular, conflicting goals.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:05:44 AM by Sigma »

DSimm626

• Former member
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2009, 06:13:56 AM »

I must be seriously missing something here... maybe I am just not cut out for this.

Ditto  :(

jest

• Former member
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2009, 10:52:08 PM »
I just wanted to say that since this new leasing system came into place i have not been able to lease 1 single decent plane.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.