Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Used aircraft market  (Read 12768 times)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
Re: Used aircraft market
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »
Totally agree - this game is so poor as the only used aircraft on the market is Old or Russian which means you have no competitive edge also I think 375 players has over saturated this game making it no fun  :(

jmcmanna

• Former member
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2009, 12:15:47 AM »
Patience . . . the game is only a couple of (real) days old.  With 375 players, there will be competition soon enough, and the poorly managed ones' airplanes will go to the used market.  In game 1, I was worried that I would fall behind and never catch up.  I quit halfway through the game and watched as more and more used airplanes were constantly available, lots of airlines fell apart, and there was still well over a month of play time left.  If you can't expand right this second, work on your business plan, research your competition, and save some cash so YOU can be the one to steal all the airplanes when they happen to come available at the right time (when you happen to be online).

cookie930

• Former member
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2009, 11:48:45 PM »
Patience . . . the game is only a couple of (real) days old.  With 375 players, there will be competition soon enough, and the poorly managed ones' airplanes will go to the used market.  In game 1, I was worried that I would fall behind and never catch up.  I quit halfway through the game and watched as more and more used airplanes were constantly available, lots of airlines fell apart, and there was still well over a month of play time left.  If you can't expand right this second, work on your business plan, research your competition, and save some cash so YOU can be the one to steal all the airplanes when they happen to come available at the right time (when you happen to be online).

I dont mean to be rude but I dont think any of us want to wait 1 and a half months before we can start buying aircraft again. Ive been checking every 15 minutes and there is not even a single boeing or airbus available at the moment. Order new planes you say well thats only two years game time before they arrive. Were trying to keep costs down and this system is making it impossible.

jmcmanna

• Former member
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2009, 12:23:40 AM »
It's not a game as much as it is a business simulation.  Actually, the upper left-hand corner of my screen says "Online Airline Management Simulation".  The airline CEOs that are more concerned with buying whatever name-brand airplane they can get today than planning 2 game years from now (a mere 13% of overall game time) are doomed no matter what the used aircraft market looks like.  Anyone who wants to do well throughout the game needs to be planning for 2, 5, and 10 game years from now.  The "buy whatever I can get now and hope for the best later on" approach probably isn't going to work.  You can make loads of cash with 5 airplanes and lose loads of cash with 50 . . . just look at the top and bottom 10% in the game.

I'll say it again . . . be patient, plan your airline around obtaining new airplanes in 2 years if that's how long the wait is, and in a handful of real-world days, you'll be a much stronger airline.

zhiwenkuang

• Former member
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2009, 02:46:47 AM »
To be honest, it is quite clear now, everyone is fighting to lease a plane from the used plane market. I believe, as in year 1995, there must be much more aircrafts available in the world.

There are a few airlines, which is running by someone who has fast finger, are now running more than 30+ aircrafts.

This has made this game is unplayable, and there is no fun at all while there aint any aircrafts available to expand the services

Offline Pai

• Members
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2009, 06:30:02 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, Sami is working on the ordering system and the next version would probably allow everyone to get a new airplane with less waiting time.
Lunar Airways

CX717

• Former member
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2009, 07:24:19 AM »
To be honest, it is quite clear now, everyone is fighting to lease a plane from the used plane market. I believe, as in year 1995, there must be much more aircrafts available in the world.

There are a few airlines, which is running by someone who has fast finger, are now running more than 30+ aircrafts.

This has made this game is unplayable, and there is no fun at all while there aint any aircrafts available to expand the services

Get a new plane.
a decent used plane are rare in the reality too,plane life cycle are much longer than in the game,retired aircraft are usally over 15 years old.
you can hardly find any "used" plane with 0 landing and 0 years old.
I think the used market should supply by the players,not "generated" aircraft.it should only generate aircraft which builded before the game start,not some state of the art plane.Let the new plane play a more important role....

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »
Get a new plane.
a decent used plane are rare in the reality too,plane life cycle are much longer than in the game,retired aircraft are usally over 15 years old.
you can hardly find any "used" plane with 0 landing and 0 years old.
I think the used market should supply by the players,not "generated" aircraft.it should only generate aircraft which builded before the game start,not some state of the art plane.Let the new plane play a more important role....
But, again, that would just lead to the few airlines getting the best planes, and get a lot of new airplanes, and use them for a few years, and only then they would let the planes go. This could take even half the whole game time. So, should 70-90% of airlines just wait half a game for the biggest airlines to lease/sell their aircraft?

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2009, 04:02:52 PM »
refreshed very often....then the entire world will be make up by used plane only..
My idea is,a fleet cap feature.active after any one airlines fleets bigger then certain size,say 5.
the Top 10% airlines who have the biggest fleet will be block from the used market,they can only buy new plane or wait till they drop out from the top 10%.
how's that.  ::)

NOW That is an idea I like - even after so little time in the game its the same players that are playing the same as they did in previous games and funny old thing are again the dominant airlines - maybe a cap on the value too; after you hit a certain value the used market isnt available to you - you have to buy or lease new aircraft!

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »
Two airlines have 67 planes already and one has 60+ more on order!!! There is something seriously wrong here. I've hardly slept while trying to get planes and I've managed to end up with 7 different types just to be able to haul people around. Is there some magic out there that enables some to get planes but not others?

Also, I thought you couldnt go into negative numbers when buying planes as you had to have the money down. Or is that just on a lease? Because I see some of the airlines with huge plane orders and negative 50 million which must have come about from the new plane order.

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »
Hold on here. We are a couple of days into this game and a player has 300 planes (and they aint cheap ones) on order? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??????????

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2009, 08:47:19 PM »
Also, I thought you couldnt go into negative numbers when buying planes as you had to have the money down. Or is that just on a lease? Because I see some of the airlines with huge plane orders and negative 50 million which must have come about from the new plane order.

You can't go into negative cash, but you can have more loans than you have cash, totaling negative company value.

Offline ekaneti

• Members
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2009, 09:23:23 PM »
Ive had negative cash

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 09:25:58 PM »
Ive had negative cash

I'm sure almost all of us have, but have you been able to order an airplane without enough cash for the downpayment thus taking you into negative cash? 'Cause that was the point.

jamboy2378

• Former member
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2009, 03:33:54 AM »
Thank you Kontio..that was the point. Blue Moon has 80+ planes on order but -millions. How could the airline have ordered all those planes.... Just wondering

Offline Southsky

• Members
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2009, 05:14:18 AM »
Thank you Kontio..that was the point. Blue Moon has 80+ planes on order but -millions. How could the airline have ordered all those planes.... Just wondering

Took out an 80 million dollar loan... used all 80 million (plus his money in the bank) on the plane order yields= -80 million value.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:18:02 AM by Jet America »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2009, 06:24:07 AM »
Hold on here. We are a couple of days into this game and a player has 300 planes (and they aint cheap ones) on order?

sigh...   Simple. Big loan, big planes, flying longhaul, targeting C/F classes and so on.

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2009, 06:33:32 AM »
I'm by no means an experienced player, but doesn't it seem kind of disappointing that the secret to dominating the game appears to be that you have to basically be the first one to simply snatch up a bunch of MD-11's, 747's, A330's (etc.) and open some longhaul routes, and then you'll have all the money in the world to take out a giant loan and buy out production slots of a smaller jet (like the A320/737) for months at a time?  I just feel as though the game should be more complicated than that.. :-\

BTW... jet america.. I love your sig ;)

NicholasB

• Former member
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
My delima is that i have just discovered that i am not allowed to extend the lease. The fool i am i was under the impression that i would have first option, so i leased for a year thinking that by that time there would be planes back on the used market again.. Now im realy in a mess, i need to find a new wide body that i can lease and be delivered by the end of FEB, Otherwise ill have to close routes. Any new planes is atleast 1-2 years before delivery.

Is in normal that companies on the used market do not renew leases?

Cheers,

NicholasB

Kontio

• Former member
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »
Is in normal that companies on the used market do not renew leases?

I believe this is a bug, there is more info in other threads. But welcome to the club.  >:(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.